Cat's Tail Puffs Up In The Litter Box?

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is this something that I should be worried about? When my cat is using the litter box her tail puffs up. I just thought it was odd.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't think it is too out of the normal. I've heard other members talk about it and Feeby does it sometimes too - with her tail upwards. Yours too? Do you have a 'stand up to pee' gal?

Feeby also does the tail thing outside the litter box sometimes, which always scares me - I am always afraid she will spray or pee. Thankfully, that has never happened!! :wink:

Last edited:

CHIKITTIES

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my kitty, Saf, does this when she wants food. She goes to one specific spot in kitchen, puff up and vibrate her tail, slightly curve her back, with smallish meow, ask food. Her sister from same littler does not do this. Not sure about litter box contexts but sounds like this one of these cute kitty thing ;)

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my kitty, Saf, does this when she wants food. She goes to one specific spot in kitchen, puff up and vibrate her tail, slightly curve her back, with smallish meow, ask food. Her sister from same littler does not do this. Not sure about litter box contexts but sounds like this one of these cute kitty thing ;)
Same here about the food puffy tail! It's just a thing they do sometimes. Mine also puffs up when he wants my boyfriend to pet him. I wonder if they're remembering a physical sensation (maybe the relief of peeing, the delight of tasting food, or the stimulation of petting) and their body responds accordingly.