Cat's Ribcage makes odd sound

Possum35

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I have a cat who is around 2 years old. She was a feral cat when I first adopted her a year ago. I first noticed when I picked her up her rib cage seems fragile. It sometimes makes a cricking sound like she has arthritis. She has been to the vet for a check up and she has gotten a clean bill of health. I don't know why but I did not think anything of it until recently. She seemed to have gotten better, but today when I picked her up again the sound reappeared. She has had an ultrasound before for her stomach UTI, and it showed a hardening of the lining. Other than that she was fine. I am not sure what to think now. Should I get her an xray or ultrasound for her chest? Is there any reason to be concerned. She was a pound underweight when I first got her, but the neighborhood she lived in previously had a lot of kind people who fed the cats.
Other than that she eats well, and seems healthy.. I assumed she had osteopenia from malnourishment but now I am not sure...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom . An x-ray should suffice in determining if there is anything bone-wise to be concerned about. But, discuss it with your vet, and ask how much of the chest cavity might have been included in the ultrasound for her stomach. Since they weren't looking for anything that high up, some indicator of the noise might have been overlooked.