Cats out of sorts the past day

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats have been ill at ease the past day or so, walking around with fuzzed-out tail, somewhat dilated pupils, refusing to cuddle and overreacting to noises about the house. I can't figure out anything that would have caused it, except perhaps the earthquake in North Carolina. We didn't feel anything in southeast Michigan, but do you suppose the cats sensed something?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It would seem unlikely to me that an earthquake in North Carolina could be felt in Michigan. Animals are very sensitive to changes in the environment but it could be something else that has affected them. Did they get into anything unusual around the house? Are they outdoor cats and could have been spooked by something? If it continues I would suggest giving your vet a call and ask their opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing else that I can tell. They're all strictly indoor cats. They've been better since this evening, two of them finally settling down for a nap on the bed. The other one is more of a loner. He's off snoozing somewhere else.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be an animal in the neighborhood or a scent brought into the house on someone’s shoes. Or It could be that one got spooked by something in the house and that then spooked the other cats. Hard to say but one cat being unsettled can spread to the others for sure. Best to ignore the behavior and it will usually resolve itself in a few day

Last edited: