Cats Nose Raw And Bleeding

Cosmicspacekid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is an indoor cat and his nose has been a little red recently, Ive been keeping an eye on it and it just seemed a little chapped but I just looked and it had started bleeding! I cleaned it with a wet paper towel and some water and took a picture. I have no idea why it would be bleeding and I’m worried.

Attachments

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one of my cats has scratched her nose once while in the carrier, she wanted to get out so badly that she pushed her nose on a "crate" (a soft one) a too much and got hurt. Has he been pushing something recently with his head or maybe was he trying to get out of somewhere?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cosmicspacekid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not that I know of, he has a relatively drama free life. The only thing new that has been around is I got him a new cat nip toy a few days ago but he’s had them before.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
do you think it is bleeding from his nose or is it some wound on the outside of the nose? If he's bleeding from his nose I would take him to the vet (or maybe send the picture first).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cosmicspacekid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think it’s coming from the wound!

Kbenjamin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Did you ever find out what it was? Did it heal? My cat is going through the same thing. She has seen the vet multiple times and he can’t seem to figure it out.
Did you figure it out? My cat’s nose is also doing the same thing

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It can be dehydration or a skin issue.

Just FYI - my cat got a paper cut on his nose and even that my vet wanted him in right away (we did a virtual appointment).

sillygirlfun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is an indoor cat and his nose has been a little red recently, Ive been keeping an eye on it and it just seemed a little chapped but I just looked and it had started bleeding! I cleaned it with a wet paper towel and some water and took a picture. I have no idea why it would be bleeding and I’m worried.
I looked up why a cat's nose may bleed and it said parasites can cause that. It said that it does not mean that parasites are present
in the nasal passage, and it says if your cat has fleas that the draining of the blood can cause the cat to not be able to clot and cause nosebleeds. Of course, he could have also bumped his nose on something trying to reach something, and rubbed it raw. It also said dental infections could call nosebleeds. An infection in the tooth can spread to other parts and cause big-time problems. You may want to visit the vet to see what they can discover. They can rule out infection, and let you know what is going on. I wish you peace of mind and answers along with healing for your cat.

lipsticklisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has this very same nose. Did you ever find out what it was?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The OP has not been back for almost 4 years, so you will probably not receive a reply.