Cats missing you

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
What do all you cat lovers think about your cats missing you when you go to work? A lot of people say that cats are aloof and independent, not really displaying attachments except for food etc. do you think or have evidence that your cats miss you?
Jemima and Lucca watch me as I pull out of my garage. They’re in the bedroom window looking at me as I leave. They’re at the kitchen door waiting till I come in from the garage.
Every day. I now wave at them 😆

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton can be sound asleep until we get ready to leave the house. Then he springs into action and watches us as we walk out the door. It does make us feel guilty but when we come home we find him sleeping in his favorite spot. Most, but not all, of our cats have been aware of us leaving the house. They are very attached to us and definitely miss our company when we are gone. A perfect example is when I was out-of-town a week ago. DH was home to take care of Carleton but he said he would not come to bed while I was gone. He loves Carleton very much and tried to coax him but it did not work. Sure enough the day I came home he jumped into bed and slept alongside me all through the night. 😻

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Carleton can be sound asleep until we get ready to leave the house. Then he springs into action and watches us as we walk out the door. It does make us feel guilty but when we come home we find him sleeping in his favorite spot. Most, but not all, of our cats have been aware of us leaving the house. They are very attached to us and definitely miss our company when we are gone. A perfect example is when I was out-of-town a week ago. DH was home to take care of Carleton but he said he would not come to bed while I was gone. He loves Carleton very much and tried to coax him but it did not work. Sure enough the day I came home he jumped into bed and slept alongside me all through the night. 😻
See! That’s so precious I think! And furthermore, they definitely miss us!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee and Fudge are often waiting by the door when I come home from work, or if they are inside they'll come straight up to my lap and kiss me on the nose. Once when we were on holiday for a couple of weeks, Toffee had gone hoarse because the neighbours said he had been meowing a lot for us whilst we were away.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leaving for work in the morning my cat lays on my shoes and have to fight him to get them from underneath him to put them on and when I get home I can hear him yelling waiting for me to get out of the car and come inside and once inside I get sniffed all over (hands, face ,hair, legs,) and checked that everything is ok,.they miss you for sure.
I dont think they are aloof and independent..I think they are as insecure as us humans and want everything just to suit them..lol

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Toffee and Fudge are often waiting by the door when I come home from work, or if they are inside they'll come straight up to my lap and kiss me on the nose. Once when we were on holiday for a couple of weeks, Toffee had gone hoarse because the neighbours said he had been meowing a lot for us whilst we were away.
That is so sad 😕 there’s a YouTube I saw that shows a cat meowing when the owner took her dog for a walk...

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
While I think my cat appreciates food, play time, and having a warm place to sleep at night, he also seems glad when I'm gone. He's better behaved and sleeps all day. When I'm around, he won't chill and just hang out, he's either prowling the apartment, knocking stuff over, or dragging his toys to me demanding passive-aggressively to be played with (never mind that we already played for an HOUR). I was home most of the weekend for the first time since I got him (usually I go out to concerts or hang with friends) and I think he went a little nuts. He just didn't know what to do with himself. I went out for a very long walk yesterday just to give him a chance to chill out!

then again, the last thing he does before plopping down to sleep next to me is lick my face as if to say "I guess you're okay," so maybe he does really like me and miss me when I'm gone. haha

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Sombra sees me putting a coat on and above all holding my purse she goes to the front door and sits there sad-eyed. When I come back I find her sleeping behind the door or she runs to me miauling. As I pick her up she licks my face frantically. I don't know whether she misses me while I am away but she is surely very happy to see me back.

Last edited:

Noahh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I return from school, I yell my cat's name and he comes to me, puts his front legs up, I pick him up, and he hugs me. It is the cutest thing ever! I believe he misses me for that reason alone.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I leave the house, I always tell Missy where I'm going, and most of the time she'll climb the stairs to go to the bedroom, where she sleeps on my bed or in her own bed, close to the windowsill. I know that she's playing during my absence; she moves her toys and balls from one room to another.
When I arrive in the evening, she always welcomes me by giving me head bumps and loud meows.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
When I return from school, I yell my cat's name and he comes to me, puts his front legs up, I pick him up, and he hugs me. It is the cutest thing ever! I believe he misses me for that reason alone.
That is so sweet; kind of like a toddler saying “up, up” 💕

frazzfox

Mama to Kila the Calico
Young Cat
Purraise
We're lucky because since my partner is a student he works from home most days of the week and can spend time with her almost all day. But we do have a little camera set up so we can keep an eye on Kila while we're away. Most of the time she just sleeps while we're gone, but now and then I can see her walking around meowing and looking into rooms, wondering where we are. Poor girl! The camera has a microphone set up so I can talk to her remotely.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I leave, they zoomie through the house, when I get home, they yawn, stretch, maybe pretzel and lick their [bleep-censored] then follow me around till I go to bed when they mostly climb in.

If I'm in the yard, they go to the nearest window and meow at me through it, maybe head-butt the glass.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Zoe does that. She puts her front paws on me and meows until I pick her up. Too cute.

IMG_5668.jpeg

IMG_5670.jpeg