Cats & lunar eclipse

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Anybody’s cat reacting to lunar eclipse?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats never reacted to anything but a can opening :lol:

Joking apart, my previous cats never reacted even to the earthquakes. But on a couple of occasions they predicted the storm coming, by a few minutes.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of reaction to a full eclipse would one expect from a cat? I can't see any change in their behavior. They're sleeping at the foot of the bed, same as always.

100% cloud cover. Can't see the eclipse anyway.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just saw the eclipse, it is partly cloudy. Looks like the moon with the lower right-hand corner blacked out. I guess I was expecting more. Yesterday it was almost red, looked much more interesting!
Cats are acting the same, they did sleep a little better last night, instead of whining at 3 AM for their food, they started at 4!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
The night was clear here for the eclipse. I thought it was great! When the eclipse started, the moon was full over head, the stars were hard to see since the moon was so bright. According to what I read the moon was 97.4 covered by the earth's shadow for this eclipse. It did get very dark here. The stars looked extraordinarily bright. I don't think any of my indoor-only cats were affected, but all the dogs in the neighborhood seemed to be as they were all howling!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…my cat napped too. ‘Been there, done that…whatever.’ Interesting about the dogs tho…I guess they’re flappable.