Cats Know.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue is not a touchy feely cuddly cat by any means but last 3 days have been really sick with a viral chest infection and he has been fussing on me like an old mother hen.
When ever I move around he follows meowing all the time, jumps up and looks straight in my face just staring and at the moment laying across my feet. They know when you are sick.
From a real rough nut of a cat seeing such a gentle side..its so nice. Hope it stays..lol

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, they know.

Not only do they know when we humans are under the weather, but they also know if we are distressed or feeling a bit down and blue. My cats that are usually aloof follow me around the house each time I am sick or feeling a bit sad. Other times, they just don't seem to care. LOL.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you all they definitely know when your ill or upset it's like they are trying to make it better with extra cuddling or that knowing look they give. Glad your feeling a bit better now.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Blue is a sweetie. Anyone who says cats aren't sympathetic towards humans clearly haven't owned a cat! Toffee and Fudge recognise when I'm feeling down or under the weather and will always come and snuggle with me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah they know when your hurt too. I fell at work last week and that night Neko-chan lay on my legs and purred. She usually likes to snuggle up to my head and neck.
When I get home from work and sitting down taking of shoes and things, Blue gives me the "sniff inspection." Never had a cat do that before..just like a dog.
One day I come home with a bandaged hand and he wasnt going to have that bandage on me at all, sniffed at it then started tearing it off.
Pinned my hand down and persisted until he had it completely removed then started licking my hand...lol
They really do care and get upset if something different with you.

Hope you didn't hurt yourself falling to much..sounds like Neko-chan is taking care of you :)

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaman is the same. Over a month ago, (2 weeks before Treasure's sad demise) I tripped over Shaman badly injuring my toe on my left foot. Shaman looked so sad about it and even now when it bothers me she'll give me that look and lift her left paw as if to say, go and rest that foot. It's so sweet that she just knows.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, they know.

Not only do they know when we humans are under the weather, but they also know if we are distressed or feeling a bit down and blue. My cats that are usually aloof follow me around the house each time I am sick or feeling a bit sad. Other times, they just don't seem to care. LOL.
Yes indeed..my cat knows when im sick..or depressed...He stays right near me...

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue is not a touchy feely cuddly cat by any means but last 3 days have been really sick with a viral chest infection and he has been fussing on me like an old mother hen.
When ever I move around he follows meowing all the time, jumps up and looks straight in my face just staring and at the moment laying across my feet. They know when you are sick.
From a real rough nut of a cat seeing such a gentle side..its so nice. Hope it stays..lol
Very sweet.