Cats keep going outside...Your stories how to stop it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
poor baby! hope he makes a full recovery!
figured a 2nd cat would help. he wants a friend so bad. when i do get another one, im gonna make sure theres no outside experience. for example the one where i was a tad late to adopt, i ask and they said cat would run away from the door whenever it was opened. but i'll wait a little longer though. will continue to foster though. i usually foster kittens but none has arrived lately. and they have their own room here anyways, door shut. especially want to do so since once i move, i wont be able to foster anymore
he does get scared of the horn now. i have to do it 2-3x before he runs in the other direction. but at least its something. he is one fearless kitten

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nick is doing better (& the vet may take him off the meds on Monday when he sees her.) He is stuck inside & I hope my mom will only let him out in a harness in the future. 🤞🏼

His example still holds true & helps explain my worry for your cat. I’m glad to hear your cat is learning to avoid the door when you are watching.

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
so he still door dashes. he went 2 whole weeks without going out, thats because 2/3 other people that live here went on vocation so there werent much door opening. yesterday and today he went out but something is scaring him where he comes running in within a minute later. i dont care what as long hes getting scared that makes him running back inside. might be my furbaby that is buried, shes in the area of whatever is spooking him, maybe shes haunting him for not listening??? lol

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
update: he still door dashes and now also window dashes. a relative has a door that wont click shut who has his window open that has no screen. we've gotten mad at him but always turns it around to me that i should just let my cat out cause hes too bored inside. i explained he wont find one person at any shelter that will agree with him because its that dangerous. he replies "thats there problem" i swear im talking to a 50 something year old man child. he also agures that he wont go anywhere when ive told him mutliple times that the cat has gotten out the yard a few times. i swear i am coming close to threating him to me leaving the gate open (for his dog, not that i would actually do that because im not a selfish idiot) and see how he likes it. then i can tell him what he tells me "oh, well he wont go anywhere"