Cats jumping down...onto your back ?

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
20220910_152517.jpg

These guys and their brother jump down from high places onto my back.... I'm bending over feeding them, sometimes I'm just a bounce to somewhere else.

This was cute when they weighed 3 or 4 pounds 🙃 Not so much now that they weigh 13 or 14 pounds !!!🙄

How do I discourage them??? Theo is very rude, landing with claws out. If I'm bent over I will stand up ABRUPTLY. But that doesn't work when I am already standing up.

Help !
Lisa, the landing strip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If the hubby is around he removes them for me.... Loud screams have happened to no effect. You could say they are a tad unruly!😉
20221008_014409.jpg

Bam Bam is the one obsessed with heights. I wish I could open the ceiling to the attic..... he could chase the squirrel who has moved in for the winter 🤨

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lilith has never done anything like that. Sophie on the other hand, uses my back, legs, arms, whatever as a bridge to get from one side of the bed to another. She won't hesitate to jump onto my back and screech in my ear like a little banshee when she wants me to get up. :angrycat::dancingblackcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...phooey. Let me see...I do have a friend in SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) who may have a slightly used gambeson he'd sell cheap... That's a full-body jacket armor made out of quilted linen or wool. I think his is linen.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lilith has never done anything like that. Sophie on the other hand, uses my back, legs, arms, whatever as a bridge to get from one side of the bed to another. She won't hesitate to jump onto my back and screech in my ear like a little banshee when she wants me to get up. :angrycat::dancingblackcat:
Mine do that! Leap up on me and down because that’s SO much easier than just walking under the bed. Miss 5kg Daisy also makes sure to put her weight on the most painful place she can. :eek3:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...phooey. Let me see...I do have a friend in SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) who may have a slightly used gambeson he'd sell cheap... That's a full-body jacket armor made out of quilted linen or wool. I think his is linen.
A gambeson sounds like an excellent plan. They could stop heavy arrows, so they ought to be reasonably resistant to cat claws!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's why I thought of a gambeson above mail. That stuff is made of little chain links, and a claw could get through....and get stuck!!!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain, really I do because I am a springboard for one of my boy's. I check were he is before I clean the litter if he's on the stairs then I distract with toy's or treats because he waits I'm sure of it. But occasionally he'll do a sneak attack from the top of the fridge to shoulder then table. I have on more than one occasion shouted out in pain but he just looks at me as if to say. What is the noise about drama queen. He also bounces on me to wake me in a morning if I don't move fast enough to feed him. If you find the answer please share it with me.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss having cats jump on my back and shoulders. I have had a couple of them jump from a high place to my chest while I was sleeping on the bed. Geronimo!!!!!! One night I had my husband sleep on that bed and he 'fell' off :lol: I suspect it was one of the cats jumping on him in his sleep that catapulted him😆😆

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain, really I do because I am a springboard for one of my boy's. I check were he is before I clean the litter if he's on the stairs then I distract with toy's or treats because he waits I'm sure of it. But occasionally he'll do a sneak attack from the top of the fridge to shoulder then table. I have on more than one occasion shouted out in pain but he just looks at me as if to say. What is the noise about drama queen. He also bounces on me to wake me in a morning if I don't move fast enough to feed him. If you find the answer please share it with me.
Yea ! There are other dive bombing cats out there ! I think dive bombing is the perfect description of what they do...I will add a pic of the clawing dive bomber when I get to my phone...

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Umbrella ribs for mail? I’m intrigued, how are they used?
Now, here I go, off-topic again. PM me with further questions, HOWEVER, you cut them to the proper length, curve them into a ring, and solder the ends, just like you would with any other metal thick wire.