Cats in the car!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you get them to be so calm? I have to crate mine or they get under the seats and under the peddles (dangerous for cats and driver).

My one cat starts howling in her crate as soon as the car leaves the driveway

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I took Jemima all over with me when she was really little. I also don’t use a carrier for car travel; just a harness with a leash. If we only take our cats in the car for the vet or groomers, then they associate the car with something unpleasant. I also let my furry kids “play” in our garage (not to worry, nothing unsafe in there) and sometimes I open the car doors so they can explore the inside of the car. So my cats associate the car with adventure and curiosity 👍🏼💕

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

popcorncharlie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took Jemima all over with me when she was really little. I also don’t use a carrier for car travel; just a harness with a leash. If we only take our cats in the car for the vet or groomers, then they associate the car with something unpleasant. I also let my furry kids “play” in our garage (not to worry, nothing unsafe in there) and sometimes I open the car doors so they can explore the inside of the car. So my cats associate the car with adventure and curiosity 👍🏼💕
Basically the same here. I took Charlie in the car once in awhile when he was younger and he just looked out the window or laid down mostly. Nowadays, we put him in his carrier for short rides but still occasionally leave the roof of his carrier open so he can peak out.