Cats hind legs touch together?

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
20191022_010642.jpg

This is how my kitty stands sometimes. The only thing iffy about his blood work is his potassium has gone under 4. I know that doesnt mean much but the normal range on a CBC is 3.5 to 5.5 but usually should stay at least above 4 and mid range. I'm not sure if this is a symptom of it every time I google it just says hip dysplasia. he is in the vet every 3 weeks to monitor his labs for ITP but it's in remission. I still take him anyway just in case. But I'm just thinking it's the low potassium if anyone else has experienced this?

veganeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our youngest cat (1.5 years old) stands like this all the time. He runs, jumps and plays but I always found his stance peculiar. I raised my concern to our vet at his 1 year exam (of course he was crouched down for most of the visit so she couldn’t see what I was talking about). She checked his hips and said there are no issues and no cause for concern.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's pretty normal, even for an insanely healthy cats. They're a bit "knock-kneed" in back by nature. Although...that isn't really their knees, it is their ankles. At any rate, I've never seen a cat who did NOT stand like that at least a good bit of the time. Your baby is fine.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is how my kitty stands sometimes.
The key operative word in the sentence above is 'sometimes'. I don't make a practice of taking pics of Feeby's different stances throughout her 15+ yo life, but I am sure if I had, there would be numerous ones with that same pose. If you are really concerned it means something, take different pics at varying times over the next several weeks.

I know you have looked it up already, but here is another article about it, and it would seem to me that you would be seeing other signs.

Hip Dysplasia in Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The key operative word in the sentence above is 'sometimes'. I don't make a practice of taking pics of Feeby's different stances throughout her 15+ yo life, but I am sure if I had, there would be numerous ones with that same pose. If you are really concerned it means something, take different pics at varying times over the next several weeks.

I know you have looked it up already, but here is another article about it, and it would seem to me that you would be seeing other signs.

Hip Dysplasia in Cats
I shouldn't have said sometimes. It's all the time haha