Cats Have Nine Lives

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats truly have 9 lives. Share your stories about a time you can’t believe your cat lived! My cat growing up Garfield once managed to get his paw stuck in the fold of the garage door. As best we can figure he was on top of it when it came falling down on accident. He was hanging by his front paw barely able to stand on his back two legs. We kids were at school and mom running errands and dad at work when it happened so we don’t know how long he was like that. Luckily a neighbor saw him on her way to the grocery store. She thought it was strange he was like that but continued on to the store. An hour later she came back home and he was still like that and realized he must be stuck. Since no one in our family was home her and another neighbor went to help him. Garfield was a big cat and when they freed him he ran away. When my mom got home she tried calling for him but he wouldn’t come. When I got home from school mom told me to go find him, because we had a special bond. I looked in all of his hiding places but couldn’t find him. Finally after searching the entire barn loft I burst into tears because I was so worried. That was when he came out of a corner with some old boards stacked that I overlooked. He came out because he heard me crying and was worried about me! His paw was as big as my ten year old hand. I scooped him up and brought him to my mom. We then drove straight to the vet. Miraculously he didn’t break his paw. It was bruised and swollen but otherwise fine. He was given meds to reduce pain and swelling and we spent the next several weeks nursing him back to health.