Cats groomed each other and licked frontline plus off

wendy erskine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
 Ok Folks here is the deal... Fleas are like flies you will never get rid of them all .  Treat...Keep clean & most importantly feed the best food you can afford.

Wendy's Feline Friends Cat rescue.

mtgal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Ok Folks here is the deal... Fleas are like flies you will never get rid of them all .  Treat...Keep clean & most importantly feed the best food you can afford.

Wendy's Feline Friends Cat rescue.
I'm not sure what food has to do with fleas. Sure, we should feed our pets the best food possible, but I've never read or heard anything equating quality food with flea population. Although, I suppose we could argue that better food equals better immunity equals resistance to flea borne diseases. 

We've never had fleas in the house (knock on wood) even with the dogs coming and going. Our house cats don't go outside so I don't treat them with repellent. We do treat the dogs, but more for ticks than fleas. Because we take dogs from local shelters and rescues as part of our animal facilitated therapy program (we have a small farm and host the program for kids at risk) we treat the kennel once a month. For us, the secret to having no fleas in the kennel is to keep the dogs clean and having the kennel treated. Our barn cat population is ever-changing with weather. Most of the cats are semi to fully feral. The ones we can catch are vaccinated for rabies and other diseases, spayed or neutered and checked for other disease. But treating them with repellent isn't practical. Nonetheless, we've never had much of a flea issue in that population. I wonder if flea infestation is related to climate or maybe we're just lucky. 

siamiam2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MTGAL: thanks for the info you expert[emoji]128513[/emoji]! I really needed a rundown even though its a mundane subject I'm dam near neurotic about it. I use Servants which has etofenprox like Hartz purple collar which? Is the only Hartz product that works but she scratches it off. Etofenprox makes her itch otherwise its fine. I guess the other thing you mentioned is in there too. They're a 40 or 30 yr old company and have moved with the times.