Cats fighting help.

alloweyo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am trying to introduce my 7 month old kitty to a 12 week old kitty. And, my cats are still fighting. I don't have a place where they can sniff eachother. I think its getting better. I put the older, leash trained kitty on a leash and let the younger one walk around her. The older one hisses and growls, but at least she's not hitting or anything. Right now they're in the same room, but its peachful because they're sleeping (thank goodness for catnaps) Please, what is normal behavior, what should I look out for when introducing these two cats?

frannie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome. Just to let you know this is normal behavior. Here's a trick I learned and tell people whom are intrducting new babies to each other. Rub each cat in a separate towel and then switch towels on the cats. Example, rub a fresh towel on the older cat and a fresh one on the baby. Take the older's cat's towel and rub it on the baby and take the baby's towel and rub it on the older one. This wey they get each others' smells on them. It will take time for them to get use to each other but before you know it, they will be sleeping together. Good luck.

Frannie

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Frannie
Welcome. Just to let you know this is normal behavior. Here's a trick I learned and tell people whom are intrducting new babies to each other. Rub each cat in a separate towel and then switch towels on the cats. Example, rub a fresh towel on the older cat and a fresh one on the baby. Take the older's cat's towel and rub it on the baby and take the baby's towel and rub it on the older one. This wey they get each others' smells on them. It will take time for them to get use to each other but before you know it, they will be sleeping together. Good luck.

Frannie
I think I'll use this technique when we get the new kitten in July. Sateycat's going to have a hard time getting used to a new baby. He's been an only cat for a long long time.

frannie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've used it many times (believe me when I say that) and know lots of people that it has helped. Good luck and by the way, what type of furbaby is arriving in July?

Frannie

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Frannie
Good luck and by the way, what type of furbaby is arriving in July?

Frannie
A male Tonkinese kitten. He's so cute! He's for my sister.
This page contains pictures of the liter:
http://www.tairedd.com/jazz_babies.html
They're still very young right now. We have a picture of him but I haven't uploaded it to a webpage yet. The breeder's going to send us pictures every week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alloweyo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, it seems that after letting them battle it out overnight, they seem to be playing. I was scared at first, because it looked pretty rough. But now, there is no hissing or growling, the little one sometimes chases the older one... and when the little one isn't around (I was laughing at this) she searches and begins meowing. Thank you for all the help