Cats Eyes Tearing/watering While Eating

Jazzcatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi!
I’ve recenlty noticed my cats eyes have been watering while/after she eats. It doesn’t happen any other time. I usually wipe her eyes after she eats. Hasn’t happened until the last few months or so. What can this be?
Otherwise she seems fine. She’s 7 and has been eating the same food for a few years.
I will try elevating her dishes too.
Thanks!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just did a bit of digging, and it turns out that LOTS of cat's eyes water while or just after they are eating. It is normal, and nothing to be concerned about if that is the only time it happens. Take a deep breath and enjoy your holiday! Your cat is fine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jazzcatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Really??
Even if this just started happening? It never happened before. It only just starved recently. I tried elevating her food but she didn’t like that. She just took some food from the higher level and ate it from the lower level. She’s a weird! Haha

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
NOTHING I read said anything about when it might start, but since it is ONLY happening when eating or just after, I'm going to say she's fine, regardless. And, well...they are ALL weird! That's why we adore them so, isn't it? Now, if she starts acting off, lethargic, not eating or drinking, litter box issues, we'll revisit this, OF COURSE! But for now...just another weird thing the cat does!

And I'm so sorry I didn't say "WELCOME TO TCS!" When you get a minute, follow this link New Cats on the Block and introduce yourself and your kitty to the community!