Cat's eye health after recovery from histoplasmosis?

BenY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Cat details:

Winnie, domestic black cat, female
10 years old, around 8 lbs

Winnie was diagnosed with uveitis which led to the discovery of histoplasmosis in her lungs. During treatment, her uveitis was controlled with topical steroids prescribed by her ophthalmologist. She's been fungus-free for ~5 months now, negative urinalysis 5 months ago and another negative result recently.

Her last eye appointment was ~4 months ago, and the ophthalmologist said everything looked good. Reduced pressure, inflammation very slight, so she was weaned off topical steroid drops over the next month. Despite recovery, her eyes are still cloudy, brown, and weep a few times a day. She also is still vomiting every 2 days. I do remember the vomiting disappeared while she was on topical steroids, but I would hate to subject her to those again.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with ocular health after fungus recovery? She has an appointment with the ophthalmologist in 2 weeks, but I worry we will be back at square one. She can see a tiny bit, mostly during the daytime. I feel like if the film/cloudiness would disappear, then she would be able to see 10x better.

Pics of her eyes:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry no one has replied yet. I'm guessing no one has had this specific issue. But I'm also wondering if her eyes have gotten any worse since her last opthamologist appointment since she got a good bill of health at that time? And I also wonder about the vomiting now. I don't honestly see how that could be related to the steroid eye drops, but I'm been surprised before.

Hoping the opthamologist has some answers for you and your furbaby :crossfingers: