Cat's extractions stopped early because of arrhythmia.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The vet who did the operation only comes in twice a month. I could talk to the others, but they kept implying my questions are best suited to the vet who did the surgery.
It sounds as though this vet is the one to talk to, especially since they are telling you that. Basing answers to questions on medical records is not the same. Is there another way to contact that vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds as though this vet is the one to talk to, especially since they are telling you that. Basing answers to questions on medical records is not the same. Is there another way to contact that vet?
I will try and hope for something. Lee Lee tonight is very playful. I counted about 46 breaths a minute when he was active, and 27 when he was asleep.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I will try and hope for something. Lee Lee tonight is very playful. I counted about 46 breaths a minute when he was active, and 27 when he was asleep.
How do you count BPM when he's active? :lol: My boy has a compromised lung capacity and I only do it while he's resting. 27 is not in the danger zone, as I'm sure you know. Good idea to keep a record. :)

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How do you count BPM when he's active? :lol: My boy has a compromised lung capacity and I only do it while he's resting. 27 is not in the danger zone, as I'm sure you know. Good idea to keep a record. :)
The higher number was when he was awake, sitting beside me, but not asleep.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree, but being able to ask questions about a life and death matter should not have to wait until the dentist is in.

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vets I spoke to said his arrhythmia wasn't serious, and his lungs sounded good, and that they will use a different cocktail of medications for his next appointment, however, Lee-Lee still has fast breathing that is noisy sometimes. I am not sure what to think.