Cat's ears are pale and cold

lishal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat's ears are pale and cold to the touch. This is worrying me because I recently lost my other kitty due to anemia whose cause was never diagnosed. In her last few days, her ears had also gotten very pale and now my surviving cat has the same pale ears too. Aside from the color and temperature of his ears, his nose is still pink and so is his tongue. He's still eating normally and plays, but his energy level is down. I'm not sure if that is a result of him grieving for our lost friend though. Am I just over worrying now because of what happened to my other kitty or is this something that warrants a vet visit? He was just at the vet a week ago and they did not see anything wrong with him.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Were his ears pale when he was at the Vet last week?  If not, then I would definitely give them a call and discuss with them.  Is he displaying the same symptoms as your other cat whom you recently lost to anemia (other than the pale ears?) 

There is a form of anemia that is transmitted by mosquitoes, fleas and ticks called Mycoplasma haemofelis which could be the cause, especially if it went undiagnosed.    Here's a thread about it, just in case:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/278959/severe-non-regenerative-anemia