Cats doing the do.

dinahcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry.. I didnt know how else to title this thread.

I'm curious to know at what age can male cats get another cat pregnant? ScatCat is about 11 to 12 weeks old. I plan on having him neutered in a couple of months. I've thought about letting him outside, but I dont want to do that if I know that there is a chance that he will make babies. Is he to young at this point? Is he able to fertilize another cat?

Anyone know about this???

Edited to note that I suppose anything is possible and to never assume that he is safe unneutered. I just wanted to know the facts on this.

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Really...it's a good thing you asked, it's a question that many people don't think to ask until it's too late.

Generally the rule of thumb is 6-8 months...males tend to be closer to the late side of the spectrum...females sometimes surprisingly early.

I would encourage you to get him neutered any day now. "Early" Spay/Neuter can be done as early as 8weeks old. It is a practice that has been used successfully for over a decade now.

Early S/N is a great choice....the benefits are undeniable. If you need help with finding the means to have him Neutered, just say something, there are quite a few resources that we can provide you with.

Never be afraid to ask a question

Spotz