Cats Been Missing For 24 Hours

emilyyyyyyy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat who I’ve had for about a year now went missing 24 hours ago. We’ve been looking around, called the vets etc. The reason I’m so worried is because this is the second time I’ve had this issue. 2 years ago, my neighbours stole my other cat and I didn’t get her back for months. So I’m not sure if someone’s stolen her again or if she’s dead or missing.
The whole situation makes me feel horrible espically since I’m getting worried about her sister who seems a little distressed.
Please help!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This article has all sorts of ideas for helping you find your cat:

Help! My Cat Is Lost!

I can tell you that one of the best times to search is just at dusk, as cats are crepuscular, that is, they are most active in searching for food at dusk and dawn. Also, take a flashlight with you to make her eyes shine! Look UP, check trees, and look in tiny spaces. Cats instinctively seek out small hiding spots that are hard to reach.

I'd suggest, as does the article, getting her chipped when you find her. They do manage to get out, and this makes it easy for anyone who picks her up to find you. It also proves ownership if someone took her and you locate them.

Don't give up. We have had cats gone for MONTHS that showed back up at home, a bit worn and weary, but safe and sound!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm keeping a candle lit for you and your kitty. Let us know when she comes home!
000000000000000.jpg

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Any sightings of her? I assume you already put out her food and litter box?

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mostly look within the area very close to home. The majority of cats that get out tend to be found very close to the house. I am so sorry. Please let us know if you found her or not. Thinking of you and your baby...:redheartpump: