Cats At Workplace

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Were your cats ever allowed to be brought at your workplace?

Here is Bourbon in my office, observing.
1AB9FC06-FCB9-45EC-BFA1-E4D40060E53F.jpeg

Got bored, and begged for a snack.
CBF69943-C04B-42A1-8E94-4F09059165F3.jpeg

When I did not oblige, she sat on my desk.
463297B1-2B75-44EF-9E93-020C857F5694.jpeg

Have you brought any of your kitties to work?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish! As much. As it would warm my heart, Olive probably wouldn’t be very comfortable.

They have helped me work from home before.

Gohan likes to type, and sometimes tries to commit code when my Bf is working. He tells me Gohan is not very good at it though ...

Olive thinks that cuddling is really hard work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
I wish! As much. As it would warm my heart, Olive probably wouldn’t be very comfortable.

They have helped me work from home before.

Gohan likes to type, and sometimes tries to commit code when my Bf is working. He tells me Gohan is not very good at it though ...

Olive thinks that cuddling is really hard work.
How cute :) Those cats deserve a good pay! LOL.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
several years ago I had to take my cats with me to work as they were spraying my apartment.

Monet hated it, he was in his carrier snarling the entire time.

Cassie just relaxed and hung out on my desk, she didn't wander anywhere

Wow, such a good girl Cassie is. :) You should bring her often.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sadly, no office kitty here, since some of my co-workers are allergic. But we did have an office dog for awhile. He came in on Fridays and generally caused mayhem. He was particularly fond of going through people's garbage cans and stealing their lunches (unfortunately, he was good at opening drawers). This stopped when we hired someone who was "scared of dogs." Yes, the big bad Wheaton terrier was really scary....

We did remodel the office awhile back, and I got to work from home for about 6 weeks, which was absolute heaven. Gwen was a fan, and helped out a bit with our Filemaker database.

gwen pressworks_ed.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I worked in a small office that had a dog and cat there. They were both very sweet and friendly and visited everyone often during the day.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly, no office kitty here, since some of my co-workers are allergic. But we did have an office dog for awhile. He came in on Fridays and generally caused mayhem. He was particularly fond of going through people's garbage cans and stealing their lunches (unfortunately, he was good at opening drawers). This stopped when we hired someone who was "scared of dogs." Yes, the big bad Wheaton terrier was really scary....

We did remodel the office awhile back, and I got to work from home for about 6 weeks, which was absolute heaven. Gwen was a fan, and helped out a bit with our Filemaker database.

View attachment 291734
Not sure why anyone would be scared of a little sweetheart of a dog.

Anyway, for Gwen, she deserved a lot of treats for helping you back then. Such a pretty cat. :-)

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
I worked in a small office that had a dog and cat there. They were both very sweet and friendly and visited everyone often during the day.
I am sure those 2 brought a lot of joy in the workplace.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sure those 2 brought a lot of joy in the workplace.
They really did. The cat was Bob. He was so sweet. He would nap on my desk a lot. What a sweet boy he was. Jessie the dog was too but she'd usually just come by to say good morning then she was glued to her mom's side.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last place i worked didn't have cats or dogs. They had city rats I suggested they consider king snakes or German shepherd dogs. I was voted down.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
last place i worked didn't have cats or dogs. They had city rats I suggested they consider king snakes or German shepherd dogs. I was voted down.
I'd go for the German Sheperds. :)

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not my workplace exactly but it was a lot of fun for both me and the cat.

I had a vet appointment and just before i left I broke a tooth.
Called up the dentist and they could fit me in as an emergency just after the vet.
I asked the dentist whether i could bring the cats carry basket into the waiting room as timing between the appointments was tight and couldn't leave the cat in the car in the peak of summer, he would fry in a minute.
I dropped the basket behind the reception desk ( just made it in time) at the dentist and took my seat in the torture chamber.
He was a very loud vocal cat and hated me being out of his sight, and soon enough he started yelling at the top of his voice much to my embarrassment. Suddenly he went quiet and when the dentist had finished and I went out and here was the cat basket in the middle of the waiting room floor, staff and patients sitting on the floor admiring the cat and him preening and showing off with all the attention he was getting.
I had to give an impromptu lecture on what type of cat he was and history of the breed with a numb drooling mouth while looking at the dentist out the corner of my eye tapping his fingers impatiently on the counter waiting for his next patient to leave the cat. (Some people don't get cats)
Never been in a more relaxed dentist waiting room..lol
Sorry no pics but was a good laugh at the time.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Not my workplace exactly but it was a lot of fun for both me and the cat.

I had a vet appointment and just before i left I broke a tooth.
Called up the dentist and they could fit me in as an emergency just after the vet.
I asked the dentist whether i could bring the cats carry basket into the waiting room as timing between the appointments was tight and couldn't leave the cat in the car in the peak of summer, he would fry in a minute.
I dropped the basket behind the reception desk ( just made it in time) at the dentist and took my seat in the torture chamber.
He was a very loud vocal cat and hated me being out of his sight, and soon enough he started yelling at the top of his voice much to my embarrassment. Suddenly he went quiet and when the dentist had finished and I went out and here was the cat basket in the middle of the waiting room floor, staff and patients sitting on the floor admiring the cat and him preening and showing off with all the attention he was getting.
I had to give an impromptu lecture on what type of cat he was and history of the breed with a numb drooling mouth while looking at the dentist out the corner of my eye tapping his fingers impatiently on the counter waiting for his next patient to leave the cat. (Some people don't get cats)
Never been in a more relaxed dentist waiting room..lol
Sorry no pics but was a good laugh at the time.
LOL. I can only imagine you and your cat back there. :flail: