Cats And Strong Winds - Shelter?

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all - I've been away from the Cat Site a couple of weeks for a few reasons - one of those reasons, though, is why I'm asking this question...

A young un-neutered male cat recently appeared in my back garden. I've done up posters etc. to try locate its owner, but that's not why I'm here. We've been having Storm Ophelia warnings all week here with tomorrow supposedly going to be the worst day. I'm worried about new kitty. I can't bring him inside because my (neutered male) Scraggles is having absolutely none of it - he does not like having an un-neutered male around in the slightest. I'll be keeping Scraggles indoors alright while I'm at work tomorrow - but what about baba kitten?

Are cats ok in strong winds..? I have a cable drum "shelter" that new kitty has been using to sleep in - (photos below of it with Scraggles in it) - maybe I could put a brick in it to weigh it down - would it be secure..?

Any suggestions on what best to do at short notice?

Thanks all again!

smurf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would think something lower to the ground I'm afraid a very strong wind could possibly catch the top of cable drum and knock it down. Most likely the cat will find a safe area out of the wind on his own, animals do not like wind and they are good at finding ways to avoid it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank-you so much smurf! - hopefully he finds somewhere safe to hunker down so the poor little mite... He does sometimes go under the shed so maybe that might be more secure... :hearthrob: