Cats and marshmallow beds

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has there ever been a cat that doesn't start making bisquets the moment she/he steps into their marshmallow bed? Gypsy will carry on with her bisquet making for a long time before she curls up an settles in the bed. I love these beds and its apparent she does too! She is a quirky cat and actually never makes bisquets with the exception of in her marshmallow bed.

Anyone else have one of these beds for their cat(s)?

StrawberryKitty

Ruled by a wacky cat named Ivy~
Kitten
Purraise
We've been thinking about getting one for our nutty little Ivy for when she isn't flying around our house. We have one that I call "Partial Marshmallow" because the sides aren't marshmallow-y like the center. Ivy did the same thing as Gypsy when we first bought it! Maybe cats just really like squishy things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We've been thinking about getting one for our nutty little Ivy for when she isn't flying around our house. We have one that I call "Partial Marshmallow" because the sides aren't marshmallow-y like the center. Ivy did the same thing as Gypsy when we first bought it! Maybe cats just really like squishy things.
Oh get one! Best investment bed for kitty! You will get loads of fun just watching her enjoy the bed. Plus with winter coming and the temps getting colder she will be in it a lot. Gypsy seems to stay most of the day and all night in hers during the winter. When I have to look for her I know exactly where she is! :lol:

CL56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Louie won't touch his.
I tried setting it out in the sun to "air out" and later even catnipping it. Nope.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the bed on Boone and Gracie's Christmas list. Probably won't use it other than a toy box like their other bed but who knows.
20201025_171625.jpg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Took me forever to find her! You will need to zoom out to see her, not the brown cat. They live the crunch of shipping trash. She would love the marshmellow bed since she mostly sleeps like a marshmellow. I should get her one
20200929_202829.jpg

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the bed on Boone and Gracie's Christmas list. Probably won't use it other than a toy box like their other bed but who knows.
View attachment 356329
I find Gypsy treats the marshmallow bed differently than her others. Its a bisquet making thing and she will do that for the longest time, just purring, closing her eyes, and forever making bisquets. So try one for you furbabies. They might find total bliss!

felinelover2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine both love their donut or partial marshmellow beds (we have 3 total scattered around the house) - Whiskey also makes biscuits in hers while lying down (she kneads the sides of it).

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find Gypsy treats the marshmallow bed differently than her others. Its a bisquet making thing and she will do that for the longest time, just purring, closing her eyes, and forever making bisquets. So try one for you furbabies. They might find total bliss!
Only one of mine kneads so hopefully he will choose that instead of my shirt which he has to suckle while he kneads. :rolleyes:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thier paws can be painful! I have tons of baby blankets for my major kneeder
I have started wearing a fleece hoodie to minimize the "claw on skin" aspect and also the large wet spots on my left arm from the suckling. :lol: He only suckles my left arm for some reason. So far, it's working like a charm.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have started wearing a fleece hoodie to minimize the "claw on skin" aspect and also the large wet spots on my left arm from the suckling. :lol: He only suckles my left arm for some reason. So far, it's working like a charm.
I will do that when it gets cold. Today weather dropped to 60's but will warm up later

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I should get look at one for Delilah. She can be weird about beds.

Her favorite place to make biscuits is my chest. It's probably about the same level of squishiness as the marshmallow bed. Her claws are only a problem when she jumps/launches herself off.

Rowen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Heres Robin- she 6mos old- in her new marshmellow bed- it was funny the minute she got in it it was like stop action and she was sound asleep -now I just need to find a trampoline for kittens! Also a picture of my little Gem who died in August- she loved her box with tissue paper- never liked any beds I bought her. I wonder if she would have approved this one

Attachments

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan doesn't seem to like fuzzy, fluffy beds or pillows. We have a lovely cave bed with a furry, squishy pillow and she won't use it. I even slept on the pillow a few nights, still no interest. She also won't sleep on the fluffy throw pillows on the couch or On a folded up fluffy blanket. Guess she's like my husband and likes a firmer mattress.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ours arrived yesterday but Boone and Gracie can't try it out until Christmas when Santa officially brings it and puts it under the tree. ;)
Oh I hope they both love it! I like to buy Christmas goodies for my cats too. I should think about starting to shop for them.