Cats and fish?

fraggles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I've got two beautiful betta boys, Devin Townsend and Arjen Lucassen. They've been my buddies for almost two years now.

My main concern is my new kitty, Ziltoid, deciding to make attempts at them. He's too little now to even dream of reaching their tanks, but he won't be little forever.

How can I send him the message that his older siblings are not food?

And just because they both are really beautiful...

Arjen Lucassen

Devin Townsend

Yes, the fact that my two lovelies are entering their senior citizen age is really depressing.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shouldn't find your fish name choices that amusing, but I do.
Like progressive just a little bit?

Make sure your kitty can't jump up and knock whatever the fish are in over. If you're worried that he'll attempt to stick his paws in the water you may be able to find or make some lids.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have the fish in an aquarium with a cover on it.....otherwise the kitty paws WILL get in the water and fishies will be dinner!

I only had one cat that was terrified of water and would not fish out fishies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fraggles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I shouldn't find your fish name choices that amusing, but I do.
Like progressive just a little bit?

Make sure your kitty can't jump up and knock whatever the fish are in over. If you're worried that he'll attempt to stick his paws in the water you may be able to find or make some lids.
It all started with Bob Marley. Since then we've made it a point to name all our fish after singers.
What can I say, we're prog fans in our apartment.

It looks like I'll have to do something to secure Devin's tank then. Arjen's is big and heavy, and I doubt a full grown kitty could do much to it.

I'm worried because Ziltoid really does like water. I think it's pretty weird, and I thought it was an issue with his water at first. But it isn't, he just really likes water.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup secure the tanks
.. Or find a place the cat cant get too.. Mine is on a shelf ledge with nothing near enough for Zoey to jump from or climb

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have lids on all of my bettas and Quill will just stare at them longingly and whenever I see him going for them I just shout at him and he gets it pretty fast. You have some beautiful boys

sammymykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sammy longs for my betta girls, but we have a solid lid on the container.
Maybe get some chicken wire and put it on the bowls?