Cats and boxes anyone?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Right?!  How cute.  Whenever I get an Amazon box, I just set it on the floor so they kitties can do their thing with it before I eventually recycle it.  

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Right?!  How cute.  Whenever I get an Amazon box, I just set it on the floor so they kitties can do their thing with it before I eventually recycle it.  
I do the same thing with Chewy boxes. Right now I have 3 on the floor. It is going down to one as soon as I throw out the trash...Artie has to have one here for him to run into....

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The funniest thing is the way Casper is so matter-of-fact about it.
He sees a box. He pretends to ignore it for a couple of minutes. He comes over to sniff it. Then he just gets into the box and sits there as if he is SUPPOSED to do that. He just sits there and looks at us with an expression that seems to say, "What? You gotta' problem or somethin'?"

YES!! Casper loves crinkly paper, too!
That's his other main "thing." The crinkly paper that comes inside the shoe box is on the floor in the other side of the room. He does the same thing with paper as he does boxes...
Ignore...Sniff...Sit..."No problem!"

We rotate out most of the boxes and papers when they get old, messy or clawed up but Casper has a full-time box in his corner of the room and he has a full-time sheet of newspaper on the floor in front of the television. He'll just sit there with his matter-of-fact expression and watch us watch television... Supervising. ;)

I guess Casper's secret to being a happy cat is to have a fresh supply of cardboard boxes and newspapers. :nod:

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We rotate out most of the boxes and papers when they get old, messy or clawed up but Casper has a full-time box in his corner of the room and he has a full-time sheet of newspaper on the floor in front of the television. He'll just sit there with his matter-of-fact expression and watch us watch television... Supervising. ;)

I guess Casper's secret to being a happy cat is to have a fresh supply of cardboard boxes and newspapers. :nod:

Lol...I do the box/paper rotation bit too. We get a food order from Chewy every 7 weeks so every 7 weeks is the crinkly paper/box rotation. Sometimes,I'll spice things up and move their locations to keep Kitty on her toes [emoji]128540[/emoji]

[emoji]128139[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️ to sweet Mr. Casper....I hope he is languishing in bliss in a box at this moment [emoji]128230[/emoji]

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia has a somewhat different relationship with cardboard boxes. This one was not only in perfect condition when I left for work this morning. It was in a different room. Downstairs. The empty toothpaste box wasn't empty when I left for work. And it was in the bathroom. On top of a cupboard at head height.

Oh, this is not a sign of loneliness or stress BTW, this is just life with a Burmese...

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had a lil crafting sesion out of our grocery boxes today and his is what happened:

planning on making it much bigger when i get some glue. :D
I think the size is just right for her from the way she's sitting.

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise