Catnip

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, what is it with catnip? As I said above, I thought it made all cats hyper. It seems not from the above comments.
V verna davies Could a poll be added to this thread at this stage asking if catnip makes their cats hyper or comatose?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Olive and Gohan get really hyper / playful on catnip. Trin never seemed too interested, but he does seem pretty mellow when loving on one of those Yowww Catnip bananas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, what is it with catnip? As I said above, I thought it made all cats hyper. It seems not from the above comments.
V verna davies Could a poll be added to this thread at this stage asking if catnip makes their cats hyper or comatose?
I don't know how to start a poll but maybe someone on this thread can
I would be interested to know too.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still remember how Belle and Beau reacted to catnip. Belle was unaffected. Beau, I swear, got stoned off the stuff. He'd have this glassy-eyed look, and would be mellow for quite a while.

Charlie and Selene both get hyper, though :dizzycat:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally buy my cats a "salad" from the pet store every couple months or so. I think it's meant to be grown on a windowsill and doled out periodically. Well, the half-life of a potted plant is a few hours around my house, so I just let them have the pot of catnip all at once.

It usually takes 10-15 minutes for them to consume the whole thing, after which they roll around on the kitchen floor trilling for another 15 minutes or so, then go about their merry way. No hyperactivity at all. I just throw the remains in the compost.