Catnip Pickle

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So many members have posted their cats love the catnip pickle so I bought one for Carleton. He normally goes crazy for catnip but showed absolutely no interest in the pickle, as you can tell from the pic below. Do you think the catnip was stale, loss it's potency or what could be another possible reason?

IMG_1768.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I bought one for Feeby, and while she did 'sniff' at it for a couple of days, that was the end of it. She now pays no particular attention to it at all. But tbh, she has little use for toys - catnip or otherwise.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s interesting. I find that the cats here do not react to catnip that is ground to powder. I think that kind becomes dried out quickly and loses much of the potency and scent. I have rubbed fresh catnip on toys to “refresh” them. Maybe try that?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Zorro snubbed his for weeks. I had given up. But then suddenly he tackled it and gave it a good chomp.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got kicker catnip fish for my cats and my son's cats. My cats have no interest in it, and Mingo usually goes bonkers over catnip. My son said, though, that his cats love theirs. :dunno:

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can wet a catnip toy to refresh it.

I haven't tried the pickle, but Magnus gives Dharma cat toys a good review.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the replies everyone. :thanks: It sounds like Carleton isn't the only kitty who is not enthralled with the pickle.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey still loves his pickle!! and his mustache!!

The funniest thing is: I was sorting laundry, on the floor for the laundry service. I send out sheets and towels. I hate doing laundry in this place (another story).

I did not realize it, until I got my laundry back; but, right onto of the pile of sheets, was a old flattened catnip banana!!
Geoffrey keeps it in my bedroom, at the foot of my bed. I must have scooped it up, when I put the dirty laundry in the bag.
The laundry service washed and dried it!! OMG.. flat as a pancake.. But still smelled of catnip.

I called the laundry. They said they are always getting dog toys, cat toys, etc.. so they wash and dry them!! So funny!!

Geoffrey was so happy to see his flattened banana!! I guess the washing brought new life to it. He is still, to this day, hugging, kicking the flat banana!! Crazy cat!!