“catios” Or Outdoor Enclosures Ideas

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
525A90EF-B28E-4C5B-8B09-1B19A3D28F33.jpeg
Oscar is a curious adventurous cat. He loves going outside on a leash with me and even going on hikes with me. Since he is so curious when he is bored he gets himself into trouble. I have added cat towers by all our windows so he has several different views. Unfortunately this isn’t enough. When bored, Oscar will knock things over if he is home alone or if my husband or me is home he wander around the house meowing at the top of his lungs. I have had completely looked over by his vet he isn’t sick just obnoxious lol. Oscar was declawed by his previous owners so I can’t let him outside on his own. I am thinking about building him a Catio or some kind of enclosure, because on the days I am able to take him outside he is usually pretty good when he comes in. My husband is allergic to Oscar and we work opposite shifts. There are days when I’m at work that my husband is at his wits end with our loud obnoxious cat. My husband can’t even touch him without him having a full on allergy attack. We have talked before about if he could just be let outside Oscar would be happier and so would we. So with all that does anyone have any pictures of catios they want to share or any other ideas for some kind of enclosure that will keep Oscar safe that we can just let him outside when he is bored.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My housecat catio is just a screened in porch (patio) with a little pet door. Litter box is out there along with some shelves, chairs, toys, etc. He stays out there quite a bit.
When you walk by the door, he'll jump up to the glass panes and hang on with his with his front claws. Look at you through the glass.. "killroy"...and just scream and cry. As if he's being punished and forced to stay out there.
You open the door, let him in, HAPPY HAPPY kitty!
As you're closing the door, he's already half way back thru the doggie door on his way out. :flail:
If you ignore him, a minute or so later, he'll come in thru the doggie door, and start pawing the big door and crying for you to let him out.
They don't make a "roll eyes" emoji big enough for this.