Catifying A Loft Bed

Tomatobookworm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! So I have a loft bed (aka a cat tree with a mattress, pillows, and blankets) and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to wrap the ladder and bed posts in sisal rope? I adopted a good girl named Midnight a few weeks ago and she doesn't get along with my roommate's cat so I'm trying to make my room more enriching. She doesn't really want to leave my room, which is small ish but has more space because my bed is a loft. I'm waiting for her to realize that there's a corner of my bed with lots of pillows that she can perch on and look out the window. I'm waiting for a cat tree to arrive and I'm also planning on installing some shelves for her to climb on. I know I'm in favor of how sisal rope feels so that won't be an issue, does it sound like a good idea?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that would be a good idea and make it more enticing for her, and give her an easier way up. The bad thing is that when we built our 'catuary' outside I wrapped the two support posts in the middle with sisal, the cost was staggering! The bigger stuff I got was a dollar a foot. Figure 4 times around the post for each side, then the width of your rope, 1/2 inch, 3/8, etc. then up the length. I had liek 50.00 per post! I hope you can find it cheaper somewhere!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a pic of the cat tree? How tall is it? My cat sleeps on her tower. It is not covered. I added some toys to it using duct tape. The dumbbell is to keep it from wobbling
20190213_141437.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tomatobookworm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, that would be a good idea and make it more enticing for her, and give her an easier way up. The bad thing is that when we built our 'catuary' outside I wrapped the two support posts in the middle with sisal, the cost was staggering! The bigger stuff I got was a dollar a foot. Figure 4 times around the post for each side, then the width of your rope, 1/2 inch, 3/8, etc. then up the length. I had liek 50.00 per post! I hope you can find it cheaper somewhere!
Oh I definitely got it cheaper! I got 1500 feet for 12 and I barely made a dent in the spool after wrapping the first rung of the ladder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tomatobookworm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you have a pic of the cat tree? How tall is it? My cat sleeps on her tower. It is not covered. I added some toys to it using duct tape. The dumbbell is to keep it from wobblingView attachment 274246
This is the tree but not my picture because it just arrived today and I haven't set it up yet. It's 80" high, which I'm pretty sure is the full height of my loft bed.

Attachments