Cat yodeling

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes in the middle of the night, he yodels. Is it because of love or is it more than that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
He eats wet food three times a day. I do not want him to go like his grandfather. So, I really want him to relax on the wet food. He begs which got the best of me but is there a way to ignore him? Do they use us to their advantage? Or is it because he's just really that hungry. This is him.

Attachments

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it safe for him to go for a catwalk because he really does not want to go.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How much food are you giving for each meal? Cats who don't get enough calories daily will be hangry and constantly beg for more food, even dig through the trash cans and get on the counter to seek more food to eat. The general suggestion is to feed 20 to 25 calories per pound of body weight daily.

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
One wet food per meal.

One packet of wet food per meal, to be precise.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nighttime meowing can be annoying. Some do it because they want attention or maybe because they're hungry. Other cats may just be more vocal a night. If the meowing bothers you, try the tips here:

What brand of pouched food? Some bands may be super low in calories so one pouch three times a day is not enough to satiate the cat's tummy.

If the cat does not want to go outside for walks, there is no need to force it. Let your cat be happy living indoors only and watching the world from the windows.

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh ok, thanks!

The food is mackerel in jelly by Purina.

Aye sir!

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sassy did this when her blood pressure was high and it was stressing her out (she is 12) and since putting her on medication she has slept through the night. If you are feeding your cat enough (should be roughly one pouch per kg of body weight) and playing them regularly it may be worth a trip to the vet to rule out other health issues, especially if this is a sudden new behavior.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh ok, thanks!

The food is mackerel in jelly by Purina.

Aye sir!
You might try switching to a pate style food instead of one with jelly - usually they are less water and more protein and can keep your cat satisfied longer. And unless your cat is super picky, also try switching up food to include chicken and beef.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I would give a small can twice a day, and leave out a bit of dry for at night. Your kitty may just want something extra to nibble on...

Yes, indoor cats are safer.. He may even be wanting to cuddle with you, while you are sleeping....

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes in the middle of the night, he yodels. Is it because of love or is it more than that?
Crying can also mean he's in pain. My cat was crying so I took her too the vet and her blood work showed some issues so she will have an ultrasound. Sucks I can't drive for 2 months. I will use uber.

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it this one? Mackerel in Jelly | felixaoatemplate

How many kcal does it list on the package? I can't find that info online.
Yes, that is the one! I can't tell how many calories it contain though because the back of the packet reads its contents in crude oil, crude protein and crude fat.

Attachments