Cat Wound

erj1099

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I just recently adopted a little cat, she's about three to four months old. They were treating her for a bunch of things, but one was ear mites. I guess they never really went away and she itched her ear until it started bleeding! I treated the ear mites but was wondering how I could tell if her cut was infected or not. I tried to look up resources, but the only ones that popped up are wounds from other cats (fighting). I just want to make sure my baby is okay! Her behavior isn't any different, but I would just like some reassurance on how to tell if it's healing normally or not.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Do you have a vet, or are the treatments being done through the organization where you got her? Can you talk to them, or send photos of her ears to a vet, --because you're right to be on the alert about any possible issues that may be deeper inside the ear especially if she's still itchy and scratching.

Redness, oozing, soreness/ouchiness, can be indications of problems and infection.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An e collar will keep the cat from scratching at the ear until it heals. There are soft collars available which may be more tolerable than the plastic cone ones.