Cat won't eat after taking Cerenia in pill form

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the US, the nutritional gel is called NutriCal.

I also recommend buying some supermarket wet food like Fancy Feast or Friskies. Popular brands are popular with cats. They wouldn’t be on the shelves otherwise. I got my Krista through pancreatitis with Tiki Cat Grill flavors. Fortiflora will definitely help increase the appeal.

In the meantime, I would put a bunch of Greenies in a baggie and smash them with a hammer. Pulverize them into a powder and top wet food with the Greenie powder or mix it in. Wet food will be easier than dry food for digestion and higher in much needed moisture. It’s a shame she didn’t get fluids. That could have given her a boost of wellness and possibly stimulate her appetite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiandme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your help - I've been using Nutri-Cal for the past few days, just spreading little bits on her paws but this weekend she was so down, she wasn't even interested in cleaning her paws. I have a little update - Maggi had a massive bout of diarrhea last night and woke up this morning quite hungry. She has eaten all her meals so far - I don't know if it was the diarrhea or if the appetite stimulant finally started working. I'm gonna continue to give her the stimulant for a few days and maybe use all the Forti Flora I ordered to make her switch to wet food diet eventually! Hopefully she stays on this positive trajectory and I hope the diarrhea isn't another bad sign..