Cat with mild murmur

samanthaddm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About 2 months ago, our cat Lil Bit went in for a check up and to check and infected hair follicle. Check up went well and we were told to monitor the hair follicle. The follicle started making a pretty good lump, so our vet was going to do a minor surgery to remove it.

The day of the procedure, she noticed a mild heart murmur, 1/6, that hadn't been there 2 weeks ago. So he went on a round of antibiotics as she felt it was related to a bad tooth that needs removal.

Two weeks later, after the course of antibiotics, the murmur was now a 2/6. They did a cardiac workup and found some fluid build up. He's been on lasix for the last 2 weeks. He goes back tomorrow for his recheck.

So yesterday, he started acting different and not eating. He's a little lethargic but is moving around some and ate a little bit of food. But I can tell he just hasn't felt good since yesterday afternoon.

I've had a cat with congestive heart failure, but Lil Bit isn't exhibiting the type of behavior I saw with the other cat. He doesn't seem to have any trouble breathing like my other cat did.

Does anyone have any ideas to hopefully ease my mind until tomorrow? My poor cats have been through the ringer this year and I'm just expecting the worst.