Cat with mental health issues pacing like crazy tonight

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe he's hearing something outside that's causing him to get worried?

My Ebony (sweetpea at rainbow bridge) used to get so stressed during the night, after hearing something which was possibly a neighbour going to work, she'd get so worried and stressed she'd go into a full blown asthma attack, she'd begin by getting up to go to the nearest window sometimes, other times she'd stay in bed and go into full blown asthma attack out of fear mode :(

We will never know for sure, but we suspect she had a PTSD going on as well, from the previous "humans" who we are certain hit her ribs hard enough to break them, then dumped her and her kittens on the streets and left them all to die (Ebony and two kittens survived, Ebony only just)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The boy is back, and he got very loved on by the vet staff! He was so sweet and drugged-up. The whole thing took an extra 20 minutes so everyone could cuddle him. He's a plush toy after 600mg of gabapentin.

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe he's hearing something outside that's causing him to get worried?

My Ebony (sweetpea at rainbow bridge) used to get so stressed during the night, after hearing something which was possibly a neighbour going to work, she'd get so worried and stressed she'd go into a full blown asthma attack, she'd begin by getting up to go to the nearest window sometimes, other times she'd stay in bed and go into full blown asthma attack out of fear mode :(

We will never know for sure, but we suspect she had a PTSD going on as well, from the previous "humans" who we are certain hit her ribs hard enough to break them, then dumped her and her kittens on the streets and left them all to die (Ebony and two kittens survived, Ebony only just)
Wow! Sometimes it feels like we're stuck doing the hard work of cleaning up the actions of terrible people. It's not fair. These cats are stuck feeling scared for years so some human could get their kicks hurting something small and defenseless. I'll never understand it.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow! Sometimes it feels like we're stuck doing the hard work of cleaning up the actions of terrible people. It's not fair. These cats are stuck feeling scared for years so some human could get their kicks hurting something small and defenseless. I'll never understand it.
to be honest i dont *want* to understand that mentality :(

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t want to understand those who harm either. It’s the people like you and the others here that love and care for cats that count. The world is a little better with each person who helps.

to be honest i dont *want* to understand that mentality :(
He’s a plush kitty? Aww. I am glad he got extra snuggling while he was relaxed and maybe that will put better thoughts in his mind. No fur baby should experience abuse.
No loving creature of any kind. I hope he is doing better.

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He got blood and urine panel. I had to wait on the poop sample since I'm feeling a little sick, and I'm not gonna risk anyone's life by traveling. But we discussed it, and his values mostly look good other than what comes with dehydration and fasting for a day or two. He does have a bladder infection that we'll be getting pills for, but tbh that doesn't seem like the inciting incident. His eyes are looking better since we g0t medicated drops. If all our findings are negative, then it's possible that he was just flipping out because he was losing vision again, and he has so much trauma wrapped up in that. He can sorta see out of one eye, and he clearly would rather not lose that. So hopefully the drops will do their job and he won't lose his vision again.

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And now he's got some thrush in his nose, because of course he does! This poor boy. He's getting both pill and drops of antibiotics, so it's not totally out of left field, but oof, another thing. I'm gonna post a pic later because it looks so scary, considering my cat does not even care about it, you know? He's sniffing things extra hard, but that's about it. I think his nose is more sensitive. He sniffed my feet when I came home and I think he gagged lol. Judgy...

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_20221206_203154.jpg

I hope it doesn't freak anyone out. It's not that graphic and it's kind of blurry tbh because he doesn't like me messing with his face right now. You can see the cleft in his nose. And his sightless eyes! Those are looking much cleaner today.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Aww, poor nose.

I'm curious, is he able to make moisture for his eyes? Or do you apply drops?

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww, poor nose.

I'm curious, is he able to make moisture for his eyes? Or do you apply drops?
He does well for a cat that doesn't have eyelashes or creases, and can't really blink fully. He might get drops when his skin grafts look angry occasionally.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I get updates from Greater Good occasionally and this was in today's newsletter.

Is the Agenesis what might have occurred with Jack?

Little Pallea was found in Philadelphia, PA, as a part of a TNR initiative (trap, neuter or spay, release) and taken into our friends at Cat Tales Inc. This sweet girl was about eight months old when she was found by volunteers, who quickly discovered that poor Pallea was suffering from Agenesis – a condition that caused her to be born without her upper eyelids. The volunteers knew they needed to get Pallea help, and quickly.
She was sent into emergency Bilateral surgery, which is a lip-to-lid procedure that would reconstruct her facial features to create new eyelids. This would normally be a very costly procedure for a small shelter to afford. Thanks to support for our Emergency Animal Medical program, Pallea was able to receive life changing surgery!