Cat with greenish discharge, heavily pregnant and seemed to try and have her kittens less than 30 mins ago

soninho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_20211003_003340782.jpg

She was in her box licking herself a lot and seemed to be in weirder positions than normal, so I assume she was having her kittens.

She's at least 53 days pregnant, we don't know for sure since we adopted her off the streets already pregnant, and found out later.

Please help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soninho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If a vet is needed well see if we can take her to one, I'd like to know if it's absolutely needed, because we don't have much money.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I Don'tknow what that is but it looks nothing like my cats mucus plug. When I looked it up I read that if it's green discharge you should see a vet, It's your call and I hope everything turns out okay!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try wiping it off with a tissue and then wait to see if more appears. If it does, then call the vet for sure. It doesn't look normal.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
nope, there seems to be no smell
That's good. Just keep an eye on her for now and lets hope it just might be pre labor discharge. If you are really worried about it then you should see a vet but I am sure someone with more knowledge will respond soon enough.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's not smelly, and she doesn't seem to be in distress, give it a little more time. She may be in early labor right now. But if she seems to be in any kind of distress she needs to see the vet.

soninho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
a
Try wiping it off with a tissue and then wait to see if more appears. If it does, then call the vet for sure. It doesn't look normal.
alright, I just cleaned it up. I'll wait and see how it goes, and I'll keep you guys updated

soninho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If it's not smelly, and she doesn't seem to be in distress, give it a little more time. She may be in early labor right now. But if she seems to be in any kind of distress she needs to see the vet.
she's in no distress whatsoever, she's just laying on the couch atm taking a nap, responding completely normally to any pets and she hadn't yowled or meowed in a distressing way at all

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Usually green discharge indicates vaginal infection, which antibiotics easily clear.

I suggest you send the picture to a vet and see what they say.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
nope, there seems to be no smell
Im late, pardon me. If there is no smell, and she behaves normally, no temp, so with a little luck it can be the mucose plug.
Its often described as greenish; even if hers is both aplenty and really green...
Mucose plug also quite often goes off more than a week before delivery. Even if in theory its supposed to leave the last day...

So, continue to watch over her.
And if you DO have connections with a vet, its wise to phone / send a good photo...

What we hope for is one thing, but its better to try and play it safe.

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the late reply, she is completely fine! Yesterday at night at around 1 am she had her first kitten, and her last one at around 4:30, for a total of 5.
Happy to hear everything turned out great!! :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :hearthrob:

What are there weight's?

soninho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Happy to hear everything turned out great!! :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :hearthrob:

What are there weight's?
I couldn't weigh all of them, but the ones I did were about 50 grams. Is that a good weight?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, anything under 90 grams is considered premature birth weight. They are tiny!

You really need to weigh them all every 12 hours for now to ensure all are gaining 6-10 grams or more per day. If not, you’ll need to supplement.

Here is a helpful video:
Syringe Feeding — Kitten Lady

soninho soninho

soninho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, anything under 90 grams is considered premature birth weight. They are tiny!

You really need to weigh them all every 12 hours for now to ensure all are gaining 6-10 grams or more per day. If not, you’ll need to supplement.

Here is a helpful video:
Syringe Feeding — Kitten Lady

soninho soninho
I re weighted them and apparently the kitchen scale i was using wasn't properly leveled? i forgot the name, anyway i used another one and they were mostly between 90-100 grams.
I have a question, these two specific kittens kind of keep fighting over a nipple, is that normal lol?
anyway here's a video of them (not the fighting, just the kittens):

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I re weighted them and apparently the kitchen scale i was using wasn't properly leveled? i forgot the name, anyway i used another one and they were mostly between 90-100 grams.
I have a question, these two specific kittens kind of keep fighting over a nipple, is that normal lol?
anyway here's a video of them (not the fighting, just the kittens):
Yeah it's normal. My 6 day old litter fight for the same nipple sometimes but I just try to move them to another nipple when they do and I don't know if I am supposed to do that or not but I do.