Cat with diarrhea wont eat bland diet

ldoll101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! This is my first time posting...I’m desperate for help!!
I have 2 kittens - one 7 months, one 8 months.
The older one we have had for 3 months and he’s always had a sensitive stomach. However, things have recently become much worse and he now poops liquid all the time. This has been for the past few days.
I have tried royal canin, hill’s and pro plan gastro intestinal wet food and he doesn’t like any of them. He isn’t a fan of dry food. This obviously makes him sound really fussy but he’s actually not!! He will eat any and all “regular” cat food. He is slightly keener on boíled chicken or turkey breast but I don’t think this is a good long term solution because he needs lots more nutrients in his diet. We are currently waiting for the results of his poop analysis from the vet, but in the meantime what could i give him to eat- he’s hungry! I have seen lots of sites saying canned pumpkin but I live in Spain and I can’t buy it here. Should I mix his favourite Felix with one of the diet foods for now? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site, sorry it's under these circumstances. Have you tried psillium, it's a fibre that helps with both diarrhoea and constipation. Another thing that works well for my cats is S Boulardii, you should be able to get both in a health shop if not other shops. I presume he has been checked for worms. Is it all the flavours of Felix that upset his tummy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldoll101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to the site, sorry it's under these circumstances. Have you tried psillium, it's a fibre that helps with both diarrhoea and constipation. Another thing that works well for my cats is S Boulardii, you should be able to get both in a health shop if not other shops. I presume he has been checked for worms. Is it all the flavours of Felix that upset his tummy?
Thanks for the response! I have never tried either of the things you mention but I’ll definitely look into it. I’ve just heard from the vet he is negative for parasites. We have an appointment on Tuesday to discuss the next steps to take. Since posting my original question, he has actually eaten some Hill’s I/d digestive special wet food with a topping of fortiflora, and then some boiled chicken breast, so I hope he continues to be a bit more open to the new food!!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's good. I would definitely try s boulardii, it works within a few days, I've had a lot of success with it, I get it from Amazon..Jarrow make. Keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldoll101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks again. I forgot to answer your question about Felix: I think the flavour that makes him have diarrhea is salmon. Does that ring any bells with you?