Cat wipes - Available in Canada - no aloe or milk?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Looking to see if anyone knows of a product.

We originally had ones with no aloe but there's milk in them. Our cat was having allergy flares from grooming the residue off the other cat.

Every other product we've found that says 'suitable for cats' has Aloe Vera in it. Aloe Vera is Toxic to cat.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We originally had ones with no aloe but there's milk in them. Our cat was having allergy flares from grooming the residue off the other cat.

Every other product we've found that says 'suitable for cats' has Aloe Vera in it. Aloe Vera is Toxic to cat.
Only the latex part of the aloe leaf Is toxic to cats. The gel is not. Since it’s not good business to poison your customers and because manufacturers of cat wipes must know that cats lick their own fur, I’m fairly certain that cat wipes that contain aloe do not contain the latex. If it says aloe gel, you’re good. But beyond simply guessing, it’s a highly litigious world. There is no formula advantage worth the litigation risk of including a toxic ingredient.

If you’re still not convinced, write the manufacturer and ask them what part of the aloe plant they use.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What are you trying to accomplish with these wipes? If merely a grooming/light cleaning type of 'tool', use a moistened wet baby wash cloth. But I will tell you, I have used unscented, hypoallergenic cat wipes on my cat, and they did in fact contain aloe - without issue.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I use this wipe for my boy all these while and he's coming to 7 years old in a month's time. This is the safest I can find for him. Not sure if you can find it on your country. If not, just get a product that does not contain parabens, alcohol, soap and fragrance.

IMG_2904.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What are you trying to accomplish with these wipes? If merely a grooming/light cleaning type of 'tool', use a moistened wet baby wash cloth. But I will tell you, I have used unscented, hypoallergenic cat wipes on my cat, and they did in fact contain aloe - without issue.
Cleaning Calcifer. As a black cat he gets dust and various other things all over him. It was helpful to have pet wipes before and it was also safe to use on his face.

We've been using a damp paper towel but leaves him more wet than a pet wipe.

Figured the wipes would be faster if anyone knew a product 🙂