Cat will not let me sleep?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Dude, you honestly think cats are not intelligent? Now that's funny.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dogperson2cats

Dog person but has cats for some reason
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey I *SAID* going by the cats I have owned! Some of them couldn't tell their asses from holes in the ground. My current one? Sometimes she's dumb but others? Oh it's scary how smart she can be.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for saying they are adorable! Jackie lives with me but visits his brother/bff (& sister) at Nana’s house on the weekend.
As for a harness? 🤣🤣🤣 Jackie can get out of any harness! If he gets the leash caught or pulled tight he can wiggle backwards out of it in under 2 seconds. I found it eassier to let go of the leash and then calmly walk after him until I either reel him in or step on the leash. He is currently being trained to not go past the curb of the ‘yard’ connected to my patio if he is not going for a walk. He gets daily walks & usually 2 hours outside on the long leash. I am thinking of trying to put him in a baby inside with a potty hole cut in it or sewing a 4 legged harness!

I know family stress can be insane. I hope you can rent an apartment or a room to rent where you & your sweet baby girl can live in peace! I wound up just loosing dry food to my mom’s cat with hollow legs. If you have the money, a chip feeder only opens for the chip on the pet’s collar.

Attachments

dogperson2cats

Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah I am thinking of getting one of those backpacks you can put animals in and putting her in there and just putting a leash on her collar (providing I find it, that is since my folks refuse to keep the cats collared) so I can let her out to use the bathroom once in a while. (Or get diapers for her; providing I can somehow cut a hole for her tail stump (she's not bobtail; it's literally a stump) and get it through without losing an eye.) Or hell; a baby onesie put on backwards (buttons on her back) with the butt flap removed. (The harness would be worn underneath with the leash sticking out of the buttons. That way she cannot wriggle out without getting her legs out of the sleeves. It'd be a light material to keep from overheating and I'd always carry water and whatnot.)

I am flat broke. I am on assistance but the govt only sees me worth $100 a month (single, no kids, lives at home), the bank takes most of it (and refuse to explain how/why or close the account so I can switch banks), and right now, it all goes to keeping food on the table/pet care. I am using the lockdown to look into what I'd need to do to become a teacher. That'd get me to the city for uni in 2 years; perhaps sooner and my mom agreed to keep my cat until I found a place that allowed cats. Teaching isn't glamorous but it'd pay the bills and keep my cat happy. (Plus it's a good, stable job that I am sure CPS will approve of so I can finally adopt/foster.)

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m on SSI & it took 11.5 months to approve it. That year of couch surfing without pain meds was hell! My cat Dante got me through it. So I get fincail issues!

They sell pet diapers but I would avoid them if you can. Cat pee sitting on the skin will give your kitty burns on the skin ..... Sarah once got ulcers on her vulva from it. Then we started sticking her in the sink and spraying her back end down once a day. No more burns. She wasn’t wearing diapers, she just peed when she slept & that was enough to burn her. Sarah crosses the rainbow bridge years ago. ⭐Diapers are expensive!

Given that your family is threatening to put her to sleep now; do NOT trust them with her!!!!!! They will swear to care for her but once you leave they can do what they want a couple of months later. Your family sounds dysfunctional & dysfunctional families do cruel, stupid & crazy things sometimes. How can you prevent 1 person in your family doing it anyways if you are not there? Besides you are her family & it would be hard on her if you left.

dogperson2cats

Adult Cat
Purraise
Yikes! I got approved the day I applied! (Am Canadian.)

Yeah. Hence why I mentioned also altering a baby onesie; free to potty but harder to wriggle out of. Forgive my stupidity but...cats have all the same bits as us? (Not that I've ever cared enough to google this, of course.)

Well I'd have no choice but to leave her for a bit. My only friends in the city live in no-pet apartments because of a terrible feline allergy. I left for a month to visit my grandparents last summer and I called home every day to 'talk' to my cat. (Put me on speaker and I would talk to the cat using tones and pitches that she meows to. Each. Day.) So I'd do the same if I left for schooling. (Plus with school there'd be wifi so I would video call my cat each day to check on her. I also have agreements with my friends locally that if for any reason I cannot collect my cat at the planned time or something's not right, they are to collect her and keep her until I can get her. I put more protections in place for my cat than I do myself.)