Cat Wheel?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, I first saw it in a cat rescue, and believe it or not there were several cats who'd hop right on and trot along. It was great fun to watch, and apparently they enjoy it :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are some TCS threads on cat exercise wheels:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The breeder I went to had one. They really are huge! Some of her cats love it, but others hate it. It all depends on the individual. They do take up a fair bit of space though.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
one of my petsitting client gave me hers, I just set it up and letting Monet explore it with some treats. I hope he'll take to it since he tends to do a lot of zoomies! Cassie is lazy, I doubt she'd ever use it.

Thanks for posting the links above LTS3 LTS3 ! The training video helps!

Katie M Katie M - did you ever purchase the wheel? If so, how did your cats take to it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ultimately decided not to. I have little space as it is. If I ever find a bigger place, I'll definitely consider it.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a giant hamster........errm.....cat on it :lol:
View attachment 331258
I just saw an ad for this. Has anyone heard of it, or bought one? It's essentially a giant hamster wheel.
My friend who breeds Abby's has one, fun to watch and the kittens when learning how will forget to keep going and its a waterfall of kittens.
The ones with the enclosed guide wheels are better and safer.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My friend who breeds Abby's has one, fun to watch and the kittens when learning how will forget to keep going and its a waterfall of kittens.
The ones with the enclosed guide wheels are better and safer.
The trouble with cat toys or gadgets is that not all cats welcome them and we can never be sure if they will really use it.