Cat Vomitted

traveil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, my cat which i have adopted 2 months ago (she's about 7yrs old) has been recently seen vomiting out her wet food. She didn't vomit the wet food i gave in the morning, but when it comes to night time, she vomited that out. It happened for today and yesterday..it's strange. But for the past few months, she has been eating like this routinely.. Is there actually something wrong with her? But she seems ok...running around and being playful as usual. She still poops and urinate well. She even ate the dry food after a while even after vomiting. I'm confused. Is she sick or not? Well for now i shall try giving her small amount of wet food for night time.. Advise pls :( i'm very worried for her. My family says i'm being over reacting..it's my first furkid here...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I'm not a vet, but could you try a different brand of wet food and see if she still vomits?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She could be eating her food too quickly or it could be a hairball
Keep an eye on her, give her a small amount of food , then a little more until she has her usual amount. Sometimes a furball can take a few days to come back up. If it persists then a visit to your vet might be needed just to check.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

traveil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, i'll change her food to a different flavor..might be because she keeps eating the same food every day and night. How do i prevent furball? We did groomed her daily..

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You cant prevent them, cats groom themselves and swollen a few hairs and it builds up. Mostly they pass it when they poop and you dont notice but other times it is vomited up. When mine get them I put a blob of Vasaline on their nose ( about the size of a small pea) and this helps them pass it but I don't do it often. You can hairball paste in a petshop or some supermarket. Try changing food as you suggested.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/cat-hairball-remedies/b?ie=UTF8&node=471329031&tag=

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
If this continues for more than a week, take her to the vet for full check up and blood work. I made this mistake thinking my boy only had a stomach virus or a hairball... it was CKD.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Is the food undigested? If she is only vomiting with the evening meal, and NOT the morning meal, perhaps you are waiting too long to feed her and she is eating the evening meal too fast? Try feeding her a bit earlier in the evening, and maybe split the evening meal into to 2 servings - one given earlier and one before bedtime?

traveil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi feebys, i feed her 7am and 7pm. In between there is small amount of dry food left for her. Is it too long of a gap?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cat did the same when she was a kitten. i was a new pet mom and made the mistake of giving her a full can of wet food. she vomited the 5 oz of food. lol make sure you are giving her the correct portion. there are plates to slow down eating too.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Our kitty Olive was having occasional vomiting too. We took her to the vet and she checked out healthy. We found that if we gave only wet food and removed dry food she stopped vomiting. I think she would eat dry food and be very full, then scarf down the wet food. We even fed three times per day (6 am, 6 pm and 11:30 pm).

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can 3 meals a day. My cats are only fed canned 8+ am,4 PM, and 8 pm.
Peaches eats in total 4 oz,Maggie 5.5, Coco 3/4 5.5 oz can. Peaches eats too fast if she hasn't eaten in awhile then throws up. Morning mostly when she has been without food for a long time so she is only fed small amounts

traveil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, 3 times a day seems impossible as i have work during the day. Now i fed her half a can and when she's done, i feed her the remaining ones. She seems okay. I think she gulp down her food too fast these few days haha...what a glutton! Thanks once again for the advises given!

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all, 3 times a day seems impossible as i have work during the day. Now i fed her half a can and when she's done, i feed her the remaining ones. She seems okay. I think she gulp down her food too fast these few days haha...what a glutton! Thanks once again for the advises given!
Good to hear she's feeling better. Consider investing in a timed-feeder in the future. That's a good investment that might make you save up money from the vet bills. Many cats really don't handle two big meals well and vets recommend smaller meals throughout the day.

traveil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, she has a timed feeder but she prefers to have wet food....only when she's very hungry she will eat her dry food....