Cat vomiting

Madeline06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey

My 14 month old cat has vomited 3 days in a row, once on Tuesday, twice weds, twice Thursday.
After the 2nd time weds we rang the vets and managed to get an appointment for 6pm last night .

he hasn’t vomited since yesterday breakfast, I guess cos he had nothing left to vomit and seemed okay, just sleepy and had been sleeping all day.

The vets gave him an anti sickness jab and a strong painkiller. His temp was 39.5 and his tummy was tender. He’s eaten fine since the jabs and no more vomiting. He’s being seen at the vets again tonight so she can feel his tummy and check temp etc and see how he’s doing.

My question is - did anyone else’s cat have random vomiting like this AND did one trip to the vets and one anti sickness jab work? I really hope he’s just put right after the jabs - after another cats long illness (now doing well phew) and losing a cat to pneumonia back in December - I just want my babies to be healthy and want a good run of no health problems. I am really hoping this is just a minor bug and nothing serious and that the injections will sort him out he’s always been a bit pukey from eating too fast, but by that I mean one vomit once every 2 months or 3 months.. not multiple times a week!!

she seemed concerned about a foreign body or pancreatitis. I really hope it’s nothing serious like either of those 😓

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So do I.....The only thing to do is to supervise and see how he does. Make sure he has plenty of water, set several small bowls around to entice him. It sounds like food is not agreeing with him, or he ate something he shouldn't. Any plants around he could have nibbled on? any changes in his food? Any vaccinations, or happenings that could have upset him, like company, new cat seen from teh window, etc.?He may need to go to a sensitive stomach one, there are plenty around. Just make sure he is eating, drinking, and using the litter box OK.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Your vet actually did the right thing rather than jumping to a dx of pancreatitis or the like, which may not be the case. But you need to review the suggestions above and more or less rule them all out. If this continues, or worsens, you need to go back to the vet so that he can continue trying to see what is going on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Madeline06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was followed up at the vets this evening. He’s being treated for mild pancreatitis with bupracare twice daily. The anti sickness jab has run out now so time will tell.
He hasn’t had any tests yet, the vet just is treating it as that due to signs etc.
We shall see how this goes... I have to call the vets Monday to give her an update.