Cat vomiting

Butterfly39881

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! So I have three kitties, and for the past 4-5 days I’ve been seeing piles of clearish yellow barf on the floor, once or twice a day. I don’t know which kitty is barfing, I’ve observed them for so long but I can never catch them in the act. None are acting particularly weird, please help? My parents are hesitant to call the vet unless we know which cat is barfing, I’m very worried about my kitties so thank you! :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Butterfly39881

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, I don’t know how to edit this post but I forget to say my kitties ripped open a few bags of treats and ate all the contents, again I don’t know who ate what, I’ve been thinking that’s the cause but the vomit is not stopping. I’ve stored all food they could get into.

Butterfly39881

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, their diet is always IAMS kitten dry food in the morning, then Fancy Feast wet food (usually the Florentine type, not patè)

Butterfly39881

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just tried that, none smelled particularly bad?

Tagrendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe separate them into different rooms for a day to see where the vomit occurs?

Butterfly39881

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would love to but they are actually in my basement since my parents are allergic :( so I can’t aaaa

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: No vomit today, WOOOO! I don’t know what I did, hopefully it was just overeating all along!🙏
It sounds as if the treats are the culprit. There is controversy on this subject, but I have to say that the extremely popular type that a lot of people feed and talk about (not naming the brand as I don't want any trouble) has definitely been implicated in sickness and death of MANY cats and I have had personal experience of cats becoming sick after eating them so I will no longer buy them. My cats have Greenies now and do okay on them. Feed only a FEW daily and definitely keep the bags (and absolutely any strings or anything else that could harm cats if swallowed!!!) locked away from cats. Hopefully you just had a one-time incident. Cats do vomit from time to time -- it's not abnormal. Sometimes a cat will eat very fast and then regurgitate (puke up undigested food) and other times a cat will vomit for no real reason. Nothing to be alarmed about unless it happens frequently, there is blood, and/or the cat exhibits signs of being in pain (yowling, crying).

Butterfly39881

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your suggestion/support! I had only ever fed treats rarely, but u won’t be feeding them any for a while (partly because we don’t have any left!) The treats we had were called Friskies and Temptations, I do not know if these are good for them so next time we go to the pet store I will preferably only buy Greenies if I can find them, thank you so much! 🙏

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your suggestion/support! I had only ever fed treats rarely, but u won’t be feeding them any for a while (partly because we don’t have any left!) The treats we had were called Friskies and Temptations, I do not know if these are good for them so next time we go to the pet store I will preferably only buy Greenies if I can find them, thank you so much! 🙏
Again, I don't want to get in trouble so I won't name names, but "the latter" and if you search this, you'll find a LOT of information about them.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Interestingly enough both Greenies and Temptations are owned by the same parent company.

I'm glad to hear there was no vomit today. Keep us updated!