Cat vomiting from food she’s been eating previously

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She used to be fine eating feline natural lamb and salmon wet can food for months. Now, she throws up after 2-3 hours after eating this food. What’s causing this, feline natural supposed to be one of the best. Only healthy ingredients, just lamb/salmon and vitamins.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One ingredient could be upsetting her, mine throw up from salmon. You might see if they have a single ingredient food to start eliminating allergens. Since it just started you might give her something for hairballs too, I give mine a teaspoon of butter every other day to help with that. Butter has almost nonexistent lactose so is OK for cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Next day, she ate lamb only for breakfast, no vomit. For dinner salmon wet food, no vomit. Very strange

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will try butter, it’s a molting season

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When my cat got older, she started throwing up. So now it's different brand fed 4x a day small amounts. At night I use a timer for canned food. I also think it's from eating the same thing for a long time. Try to find a food without fish- more likely allergic older they get

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I give her variety of flavours. She throws up when she eats Feline Natural's lamb/salmon. She ate Weruva's lamb and Tiki's salmon fine, no vomit. She might be allergic to one of the ingredients in Feline Natural. I also thought rotation of protein source was important, but my vet says that's not necessary. So, who knows. My last cat ate mostly raw and she died of acute liver failure caused by unknown source at the tender age of 7 years old.

misterginja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I give her variety of flavours. She throws up when she eats Feline Natural's lamb/salmon. She ate Weruva's lamb and Tiki's salmon fine, no vomit. She might be allergic to one of the ingredients in Feline Natural. I also thought rotation of protein source was important, but my vet says that's not necessary. So, who knows. My last cat ate mostly raw and she died of acute liver failure caused by unknown source at the tender age of 7 years old.
Hi Catmom, may I ask, how is your cat doing on the Feline Natural canned food now? I recently had to switch mine from a raw diet to canned, so have been feeing him this brand for a couple of months. It seems high quality and so far he's doing good on it, I only wonder over time if he'll have a reaction to the green mussels ingredient. It's a wait and see for now, but I'm interested in hearing about other cat guardians' experiences with it too!

Thank you

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It seems like she is intolerant to Feline Natural lamb/salmon. She threw up couple of hours after eating this particular flavor. So I stopped feeding her. It is mostly organ meat and lamb blood so I'm not too sure if blood is causing her to vomit. I don't think Green Mussel is a cause of vomit because green mussel is found in other can foods she is eating.

Lamb Heart, Salmon, Lamb Kidney, Lamb Liver, Lamb Blood, Flaxseed Flakes, New Zealand Green Mussel, Dried Kelp, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Water added for processing.

misterginja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It seems like she is intolerant to Feline Natural lamb/salmon. She threw up couple of hours after eating this particular flavor. So I stopped feeding her. It is mostly organ meat and lamb blood so I'm not too sure if blood is causing her to vomit. I don't think Green Mussel is a cause of vomit because green mussel is found in other can foods she is eating.

Lamb Heart, Salmon, Lamb Kidney, Lamb Liver, Lamb Blood, Flaxseed Flakes, New Zealand Green Mussel, Dried Kelp, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Water added for processing.
Thanks for sharing your info! The Lamb/salmon flavor is one that mine hasn't tried yet---he's had a regurgitation issue so we're being cautious about trying too many variations right away. In the past he didn't do great with pet-grade salmon in general (responded well to human-grade wild salmon though!). Right now he's transitioned flavors from FN Chicken Feast to the Chicken/Lamb, thankfully is still accepting it well.

It's encouraging to hear that your cat is not having a reaction to the green mussels in other foods. That's a new ingredient (to me) that am still learning about, but from what I've researched so far it's thankfully sounding safe.