Cat Very Lethargic After Steroid Shot

justjoe906

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive been working out of town for about 2 months and left my cat 2 year old male with a friend. He started real bad sneezing with runny eyes so she took him to her vet. He was given a steroid shot and a week later no improvement. She brought him back and the vet put him on 1.5ml Amoxi-Clav twice daily. After 5 days no improvement.

I returned home from working out of town and took cat to my vet and explained the situation.
The cat continues constant sneezing and runny eyes. He had a polyp removed 1 year ago and I was thinking it might be growing back.

The vet gave him another steroid shot and said to continue with the amoxi-clav for 5 more days. If no improvement she will put him to sleep and check for polyp return.

Since getting him back from the vet after the shot he's very lethargic and hiding under the bed. I'm very worried, is this normal after a steroid shot?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

justjoe906

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the back of his nose. My main concern at this point is why is he so lethargic after the steroid shot.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not so much, I think, do you have an after hours phone number for your vet you can call?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

justjoe906

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very lathergic still and keeping to himself. Eating very little. Sneezing, runny eyes, breathing is very stuffy sounding. Have a vet appt day after tomorrow to see if it’s another polyp. Keep giving his meds but doesn’t seem to be working. The steroid shot really has him zapped with no energy. Will watch him close until I can get him to the vet.