Cat Urinating on Daughter's Bed

erie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm hoping someone can help...I'm at a loss on what to do. My cat is a 5 year old female calico. She is our love. However, since she was a kitten she urinates on my daughter's bed. I have a pheromone diffuser in every room ( very costly to keep up but I do), her litter is changed everyday, she get tons of affection, has toys galore, and a bunch of scratching posts and window beds. I have read books and blogs hoping to solve the issue and once we think we figured it out..she urinates on the bed again. I use IckyPoo which removes odors and I fumigate the area every time she does this. My daughter even has a plastic cover on her mattress to protect it. The vet has also cleared her of any medical problems. What am I missing? Everything I read says that this behavior is due to stress. So I bought her a Thundershirt which worked for a few months, but we are back at the issue. Help!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you haven't had a response yet.  I suspect it's because you're already doing everything people would recommend.  Kudos to you for working so hard with your kitty to resolve the problem.  [emoji]128077[/emoji]

There are only two other things that come to mind.  One is trying Cat Attract litter:  http://preciouscat.com/product/   Since she usually uses the litter box, I'm not sure how much this will help but it's worth a try. 
The other thing is to discuss medication with your vet.  Many members report success with similar problems when they put their cats on prozac or anti-anxiety medications.  Medication is definitely a last resort, but you might be there.  

Good luck!  
   And please let us know if you find a solution to the problem.  I know you are not alone in suffering the cat-peeing-on-the-bed syndrome.  

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this sounds odd but have you tried putting a bowl of food where she pees on the bed? This won't work when you daughter is in the bed but it may when she's not.

hearingmomo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does she sleep in your daugher's bed?  Maybe she's too comfortible to want to move, and it's more conveniant to go where she is.  Have you tried keeping the litter box in her room?