cat urinating because of outside cats

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, my 10 year old male cat is spraying everywhere, he is neutered and strictly an indoor cat. He was checked medically and everything is alright there. I know its because of the other stray cats that I feed outside. Most of the spraying is done by the windows and doors. I know i will probably have to cover the windows somehow but its not fair to the other cats in the house, they love to look out the windows. I used feliway it worked for a couple of months then it didn't seem to do much anymore. Is there anything stronger then Feliway? I don't really want to put him on medication to calm him down, at least not yet anyway.

Thanks for any advice you could give me.

thecatcoach

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it possible to move the outside feeding stations away from the house, or in a corner where the cats can't see the outsiders?

You will also need to block the windows, but that's only part of the solution. You will need to move the feeding stations elsewhere, otherwise, your boy will continue to spray.

I personally don't think you should put him on medication, when the situation can be remedied through a some environmental changes.

Marilyn Krieger, CCBC
www.thecatcoach.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks very much for your response. I will try to feed them away from the house, it might probably will help a bit the only thing is the cats like to walk around the outside of the house I guess they feel safe and like to stay around the area. They must have been owned at one time because they come to me and rub on me.