Cat Up Tree

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a cat (not mine) that is stuck in my tree. He wasn't there Saturday before I went to bed but he was up there Easter morning.
He's up about 20 feet high and my husband tried to get him with a big ladder but he hissed and growled and snapped at him and moved so my husband couldn't reach him.
I called animal control and they don't climb trees and they said he'd come down on his own. Or I can call a tree service. I cannot pay to have a tree service come and get him down.
My husband has scaffolding that he uses at his job and he was thinking he could set it up so the cat could jump down it kind of like steps. On each section of scaffolding we plan on putting some mackeral or sardines.
Do you guys think that this would work?
Or do you have any other tips ideas anything would be appreciated thank you.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think your scaffolding idea should work. Do you know if this cat belongs to anyone in the neighborhood? He might be more willing to come down if his people call him down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I asked the 2 neighbors that in know have cats but it wasn't theirs. They didn't recognize kitty either.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
No. I asked the 2 neighbors that in know have cats but it wasn't theirs. They didn't recognize kitty either.
Sounds like this kitty chose you! Do you plan to adopt?

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly I cannot I rent and already have five cats. I'm hoping he belongs to someone and just got chased up the tree. If he hangs around my house I will have to take him to a rescue.
Oh and I'm not even sure what the kitties sex is so that's why I say he. It's better than calling him "it".

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Gotcha! If you have to take him to a rescue, make sure that it's a no-kill, okay?

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitty got down! He ate the food I put out and then wandered through the neighbors yards, hopefully to go home.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, that's good news! I hope the little guy has a home to go to. Good of you to help him out. :clap: