Cat Twigs

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried these?

It's called silver vine. It seems that cats are attracted to it much like catnip. I ordered some to see if my cat will chew on it instead of my coffee table. She chews on sticks outside. (so why not just get sticks from outside?? Idk)

Anyone have any luck with silver vine? Do your cats like it? Have any problems with it?
What do you think?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That looks interesting. I am curious as to how it works out. I know my cats love chewing on sticks outside. My worry would be that the sticks they chew on outside are still fresh and hydrated so they don't break down into splinters as readily. I could see the twigs snapping into splinters and possibly getting swallowed as a worst case.... but they may not and I am paranoid.

Let us know how it goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the twigs. She doesn't seem to be interested in them. My dog wants to chew them. He definitely wants them. Luna chewed on the wiggle worm a bit when I held it up to her, but no luck with the cat twigs. They are more like a strong woody vine, rather than a stick like part of a tree branch. There is a white center in them and that is what the cats are supposed to be attracted to.

I will keep presenting it to her and see if she takes to it.

pipperoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought some for my cat. She's part of that small percentage of cats who have zero reaction to catnip. I read somewhere that silver vine and honeysuckle sometimes appeal to those cats who don't do the 'nip.

Sadly, zero reaction to both silver vine and honeysuckle. And I had such high hopes.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I bought some for my cat. She's part of that small percentage of cats who have zero reaction to catnip. I read somewhere that silver vine and honeysuckle sometimes appeal to those cats who don't do the 'nip.

Sadly, zero reaction to both silver vine and honeysuckle. And I had such high hopes.
Rocket had zero reaction to catnip but valerian root has caught her attention.