Cat TV

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’ve tried putting various nature videos on for Olive, and she never seemed to care. She was a little wound up the other day so I tried an Amazon Prime series called “TV for Cats” which started out with HD video of blue jays.

Well, it was a little too successful. The first bird call she whipped around, started to stalk, and then face planted into the $3000 4K TV trying to eat the cute birdies.

Obviously I will be using something cheaper in the future, but is there a way to show this to Olive in a safe and mentally healthy way? Is it frustrating for her and not fun? It was pretty intense the way she went after the image, and I don’t want her to be hurt or frustrated. I turned it off immediately and gave her a nice rigorous play session to alleviate her tension. Anyone else have a very bird-motivated kitty?

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i do this with my cat. i'll put on cat game videos on youtube, her favorite is the cockroach. she easily gets bored though so she doesnt get too hyper over it. i just turned it on for her and she just sitting in front of the tv staring. i always think this is a fun way to entertain indoor cats. maybe try a phone.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They like that sort of video on an ipad. We've done that for a few different cats and they all seem to like it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool, thanks. I’ll try and iPad next and see how it goes

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She'll eventually understand the birds arent real- and eventually get less interested in it. When I first started showing Noodle cat TV she was so into it- looking behind the tv for the birds, batting at the tv. Eventually she realized she cant get them. She still watches it, but not as intently.