Cat tree suggestions?

amandalynnxo92

The Cat Hoarder
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not exactly sure where to ask this question, so I apologize if this is the wrong thread. :ohwell:

I'm looking to get a medium to tall sized cat tree for my two kittens, both of which are under 10 weeks of age, so preferably one that will last them until they are older.

They have so much energy and all they want to do is climb my boyfriend and I's legs. I concluded that there just isn't enough vertical space for the two of them in our house. SO...I just got paid, I'm looking for links or favorite brands of cat trees preferably under $100.

Pictures because I'm a crazy cat mom now and I wanna show them off.

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are lot of threads on TCS on cat trees / furniture. Here's a few threads:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second Chewy. We got ours there and you get good quality cat trees for a great price.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally, I feel it's best to check out a tree in person and make sure it's a sturdy well made tree. Lots of trees are made of cheap thin plywood, thin carpeting that shreds easily, maybe exposed nails, small base that doesn't offer any stability. Cheap doesn't mean always mean good quality. I had a whole set of inexpensive modular cat furniture that didn't last more than 3 months with two rambunctious kittens. Cat shows are always a good place to browse cat furniture but shows are probably limited these days because of the pandemic.

You can DIY a cat tree for less than an already made one. There are lots of instructions online. Using Ikea products is one popular way.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got one off eBay for about $55.00 that was "Jackson Galaxy approved," for all that means. It's four feet high and the cats do like it. They use the scratchers at the bottom and prefer to sit on the platforms, refusing to go in the 'hidey hole' at all. Wouldn't recommend it for big cats like Maine Coons, as it doesn't seem that substantial, but for my three moggies, it's fine.